With alot of hope from Karen Lowden

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chiclet

Registered
Reaction score
On a tiny island off the coast of Vancouver, Canad
It is my first time on ScubaBoard and I found it while looking up the two dive shops my husband and I (then Instructor and Ass't. Inst.) used to use and work out of in the 90's. They would be "Ed's Pro Dive" and "Dan's Dive Shop" both in Port Dalhousie, Ont., at least that's where they were when we left in 2000. After looking over this website, I found that this may very well be the best place for me to begin to find and hopefully notify our long-lost buddies of my husband's passing. We used to teach in southern Ontario and also Tobermory up around Georgian Bay. My husband, Ian Lowden, also took students and taught in the Florida Keys. It is with a very broken heart that I am trying to pass onto our old friends that Ian passed away suddenly at home and in my arms just ten days ago (Sept. 19th). He was 61. No cause has been discovered but the coroners suspect it had something to do with his "lung transplant-gone-awry" in March of 2007. He was scheduled to be re-admitted into Vancouver General Hospital for the 30th time the following Tues., Sept. 21st., he did not make it. I do know that he did not suffer as it happened very quick and nobody can ask for a better way to go than in the arms of the one person they have loved for the past 18-1/2 yrs. with all their heart and soul. We had moved from St. Catharines, Ontario in 2000 and made our way out west where I was born and raised in Vancouver. Actually, we moved to Gabriola Island, which is part of the Gulf Islands between Vancouver Island and the Coast. Google it, it is gorgeous. So, if anyone knows anyone who knew us or was trained by us, I would really love to find them and talk to them in a more private way. I have no plans to go anywhere so will try and return to this sight as often as I can for any responses. I suspect I will be healing and grieving this one for a very long time. And if it turns out that it is you who is reading this post and you do know us, I am sorry for your having to find out this way. If I only find one of our friends/students/buddies through this post I will be very blessed indeed. And thank you to ScubaBoard for having this website, it really is quite fantastic.

Karen - My condolences on your husband's passing.

Have you tried posting in Scubaboard's regional forum under Ontario, it may better your odds of finding any of your husband's prior students.
Ontario Fresh Water Freaks - ScubaBoard

Or the Canada forum if you want to broaden your search.
Canada - ScubaBoard

Best of luck in your search and welcome to Scubaboard.

Your loss is clear for all to see...and our prayers for comfort and peace to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom