• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Woman rescued after 12 days in Zion NP?

Discussion in 'General Travel and Vacation Discussions' started by DandyDon, Oct 21, 2020.

1. pauldw

pauldw Solo Diver

I think what contributed to the rumors that she wasn't actually lost, was how no information on where she was found was provided for days after it was announced she was back with her family. Then, finally, there was an announcement about her having dinged her head and toppled over next to a river, right in the park.

2. Streydog

Streydog Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    “She was able to leave of her own capability with minimal assistance,” Rowland added.

Her daughter stated that she did not drink any water from the river due to fears that it was toxic.

A boy hiking with his mom spotted her.

All statements have been made by the daughter or sister.

Just seems pretty fishy to me.

Doc likes this.
  3. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    They’re just relaying information as told to them by someone that suffered a head wound. Speaking from experience (dealing with someone that suffered a concussion)...I wouldn’t expect a detailed explanation of what happened to ever be shared if she suffered the head wound early on. Why? She might not remember much now and much of it might never come back to her.

4. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    jejton likes this.
  5. lowwall

lowwall Manta Ray

6. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Woof! ScubaBoard Sponsor

Here on ScubaBoard? :rofl3:

7. Streydog

Streydog Manta Ray

The sergeants team helped in the search. He also has several years in SAR in the area. I would think he has quite a bit more info than we do.

8. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

I have a hunch that'll not happen.

She must have found a dripping spring or something. First, she couldn't walk more than two steps then she walked out on her own? Got to wonder.

Oh hell I’ll bet there’s bidding on book rights.

laikabear likes this.
  9. apenland01

apenland01 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I think she just didn't want to be found. Apparently, she was in an area where hikers are all the time. When I first read the article after she was "rescued", I thought to myself that she was just wanting to get away from everything and chose to leave to get away from it all...

10. Altamira

Altamira ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Wow! We have some really suspicious folks on this board. From my recollection of several military survival courses, if you are lost/injured, and are near a water source, stay put and wait for rescue rather than put yourself in a potentially more dangerous situation where water might not be available. If you have been to Zion, you would know that if a person did not want to be found, it would not be that hard to do.

shoredivr likes this.