Women and everything being heavy in scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might also look at AL40s (or even AL30s). AL40s are lighter to manipulate when clipping in or out on land than LP50s. I sidemount AL40s or LP50s at breakwater. I find my total weight the same between the two.

I'm not sure the in-water clip in would work well with donning fins, uneven bottom, and a bit of surge if not surf if your'e carrying it all out with you in one trip. I think walking a tank down with buddy to one of the concrete blocks along the side of the wide steps, your buddy sitting down there, you getting the other tank and then clipping in seated on a side block of those steps would be the best option. If walking from the steps through the surf works for you.

If it is lake dead calm and/or your buddy is a buoy for you, then in water clip-in could work, or staging at waters edge.

Breakwater has sidemount gear. I think Aquarius has some AL30s.

True.... the median on female strength is carrying couple of babies up/down hills, or washing the heavy husband's cloths by the river with rocks, or all the typical heavy as $hit work women have been doing throughout the ages.

Than you compare it with what the men did like farm work, fighting wars, maintaining a stead, paying taxes etc. Suddenly being a woman in ancient times does not sound so bad!

No one here is disrespecting woman, it is a genuine biologically backed up question to ask. if you take it in a hostile way that is solely on you.

Unless you are going to deny the basic biological fact that *MOST* woman are at a physical disadvantage when compared to men i don't see why the argument.

And no, im not saying there aren't any woman who are physically more capable than man, but when we speak of men and woman as a whole men have the upper hand when it comes to physical strength.

*shrug* In general, women are smaller physically and not as strong. I have no issue with that reality. Carrying stuff is a challenge for me. My upper body strength has always been crap because my main form of exercise has been irish step dance usually, which is only lower body.

I had a shore dive with a new set of fins and had trouble getting them off in the water so had to do a crawl exit and for a while was concerned that with all the weight and takes, I wasn't going to be able to crawl even, because I was tired from fighting with the waves.

Personally, I want a teleporter or a magic device that will get all my gear on me or to me when I want and then off again with the push of a button LOL Is that so much to ask?

*shrug* In general, women are smaller physically and not as strong. I have no issue with that reality. Carrying stuff is a challenge for me. My upper body strength has always been crap because my main form of exercise has been irish step dance usually, which is only lower body.

I had a shore dive with a new set of fins and had trouble getting them off in the water so had to do a crawl exit and for a while was concerned that with all the weight and takes, I wasn't going to be able to crawl even, because I was tired from fighting with the waves.

Personally, I want a teleporter or a magic device that will get all my gear on me or to me when I want and then off again with the push of a button LOL Is that so much to ask?

Some liveaboard are really good in minimizing guest dive gear handling by setting the dive gears on the skiff. We just need to don our gear while sitting in the skiff and then scoot to the side edge of the skiff & backroll into the water. When we are done with diving, we just get to the side of the skiff, remove our fins, weights & BCDs, hand them to the deckhand before climbing up the ladder. When you dive 4-5 times / day for 5-10 days in a row, it makes a difference regardless you are a man or a woman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom