Women...need help with BC for wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wife is taking OW....she is shorter around 5'2" and curvy but thin....36" chest. 25" waist and 36" hips...she weighs 125.. So shorter torso....Looked online at a Zeagle Zena so far but not even sure what size? None of our local shops cater to women....so what do you guys recommend...it will be for warm water for most of her diving

short backplate and wing. Oxycheq makes a really nice soft plate that fits small women really well. @Eric Sedletzky makes the Freedom plate that is even better but takes a while to get made since they're handmade. Halcyon also has one.

Wife is taking OW....she is shorter around 5'2" and curvy but thin....36" chest. 25" waist and 36" hips...she weighs 125.. So shorter torso....Looked online at a Zeagle Zena so far but not even sure what size? None of our local shops cater to women....so what do you guys recommend...it will be for warm water for most of her diving

The manufacturer will almost always have sizing guidelines on their website Zena, but in my experience, wives that show up with gear their husband bought them before they were certified are wives that don't keep diving... Not saying this will be you/your wife, but I've found that once you're significant other has made the decision to dive, you're better off letting them make the decisions on gear. YMMV.

You may want to check with the shop that's doing her certification as well. A shop I've worked with won't take uncertified students with regs and BCDs that have been purchased elsewhere. I don't know how common this is, but I agree with this after a few experiences with students showing up with regs from ebay and BCDs that don't hold air.

What does your wife want for BC? Best talk with her before buying. What does she like/not like about the gear used for class?

She likes the Zeagle tech express that they have....she wants integrated weights and something that doesn't ride up since she is curvy.....shorter waisted

upload_2021-1-24_9-18-8.jpeg

Thanks we were just looking at that...looks like she would be a small

She likes the Zeagle tech express that they have....she wants integrated weights and something that doesn't ride up since she is curvy.....shorter waisted

Good. I actually went with a BP/W because I didn’t like the squeeze from the jacket BP.

FWIW the owner of my LDS is a woman of nearly identical stature to your wife. While she's had the chance to use MANY BCD's out there (not a BPW person) she always travels with her Aqualung Lotus. You might notice from the picture hers is a previous model that had the i3 inflation system, they've discontinued that feature but still make it with a standard shoulder inflator.
DSC01255ps (Custom).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom