Won Sony Handycam....need housing and help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetvet

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Pictogurus:

I won a Sony DCR-SR47 Handycam ths weekend. Now, I want to take it diving...Ive done some poor underwater photography in the past with various Canon point and shoots, and I like it....I had planned on replacing my camera, but now had this video cam fall in my lap. Questions: 1) is there any way of housing this thing while spending less than $800 on an Equinox, or $1100 for an Ikelite housing? ie. are there compatible knockoffs, or a source of used housings that I havent been able to find?
2) how important are external lights for decent video?
3) how available are the controls to the camera when it is in the housing? with the still camera, all the buttons were accessable.....is it the same in video?

Thanks in advance for your help....
Wetvet

WetVet,
Congrats on winning the camera, I just recently(5 months) got into UW Videography. I had many of my basic questions answered by a video "Your Guide to Creating Underwater Video". I have also learned a great deal reading through the forums both here and on wetpixel:
Wetpixel.com :: Underwater Photography and Videography . Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom