Wondering if I need a longer wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mthirsc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For single tank diving I use an LCD 20 wing, with either a 3mm suit and 4lbs, or no exposure protection and no weight. I like the wing a lot, it is the perfect amount of lift. However, in terms of trim I find myself a bit feet-heavy, especially with no wetsuit which makes sense. My fins do not seem that heavy, they are Mares Quattros. There is no way to move any weight higher in this situation. I am diving compact aka "neutral" AL-80's which are pretty much neutral when empty.

I am wondering if a longer wing such as an LCD 30 would help raise my lower body. Or if there would even normally be any air that low in the wing. I already have the tank as high as it can go without scrunching the hose elbow.

It's not a huge deal, I love the tiny LCD 20, it is more an issue with the rest of my gear I think. Any solutions I'm missing?

mthirsc:
For single tank diving I use an LCD 20 wing, with either a 3mm suit and 4lbs, or no exposure protection and no weight. I like the wing a lot, it is the perfect amount of lift. However, in terms of trim I find myself a bit feet-heavy, especially with no wetsuit which makes sense. My fins do not seem that heavy, they are Mares Quattros. There is no way to move any weight higher in this situation. I am diving compact aka "neutral" AL-80's which are pretty much neutral when empty.

I am wondering if a longer wing such as an LCD 30 would help raise my lower body. Or if there would even normally be any air that low in the wing. I already have the tank as high as it can go without scrunching the hose elbow.

It's not a huge deal, I love the tiny LCD 20, it is more an issue with the rest of my gear I think. Any solutions I'm missing?

A longer wing might help, but pulling your feet closer to your rear end may be enough, Extend your arms a bit if you can.

If you have access to some ankle weights you can try wrapping one or two around the neck of your tank.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom