Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you’re waiting on anything from overseas, especially Asia - here’s why:

Shipageddon!

Holiday ‘shipageddon’ update: Container sector scrambling - FreightWaves

LA/LGB are a hot mess. Not enough truckers, lack of chassis (wheels) to put the containers on, ships are having to wait in port before they can get unloaded. 1-2 days at LA/LGB, per a notice from Maersk. It’s horrendous in Vancouver and Prince Rupert, BC - 10-14 days for a ship to get unloaded. Lots of containers rail from those ports into the US, especially to Chicago. The railroads have a lack of empty rail cars. 40% of US imports come in through LA/LGB.

No space on the ships. No containers to be had. The container manufacturers are sold out into 2021.

I’m a licensed customs broker and in the int’l shipping industry since 1993.

lol shipageddon.. hopefully shipping from Japan is going a little better what with my son hounding me about the new ps5.

So far I haven't had anything from alixpress take longer than normal. They must be shipping via air because it generally has been 3 weeks or less this year.

I wouldn’t count on it. Even if the containers with the PS2 got on a ship, they still will go into the west coast.

If you’re waiting on anything from overseas, especially Asia - here’s why:

Shipageddon!

Holiday ‘shipageddon’ update: Container sector scrambling - FreightWaves

LA/LGB are a hot mess. Not enough truckers, lack of chassis (wheels) to put the containers on, ships are having to wait in port before they can get unloaded. 1-2 days at LA/LGB, per a notice from Maersk. It’s horrendous in Vancouver and Prince Rupert, BC - 10-14 days for a ship to get unloaded. Lots of containers rail from those ports into the US, especially to Chicago. The railroads have a lack of empty rail cars. 40% of US imports come in through LA/LGB.

No space on the ships. No containers to be had. The container manufacturers are sold out into 2021.

I’m a licensed customs broker and in the int’l shipping industry since 1993.

It's all because your company laid you off, Marie.

What's the cause? All related to COVID or are their additional underlying issues behind it?

What's the cause? All related to COVID or are their additional underlying issues behind it?

Partially issues from various factory shutdowns. Also, it’s largely e-commerce driven. Although I have to wonder - wouldn’t people still be buying this stuff, just from Target or Walmart?

This is also traditionally “peak season” with everything coming in for the holidays. So you’ve got a number of factors.

wouldn’t people still be buying this stuff, just from Target or Walmart?
I may not be the "typical" consumer but going to a target or walmart right now is about as appealing as dumpster diving in a hospital medical waste container. In short, no effing way.

I do occasionally order from them, but if you're ordering online then you might as well go with the guys who have free and reliable same-day delivery...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom