Wonky diaphragm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plexer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So checking out my atx100 1st stage I’m sure this is wrong :)

Attachments

• 74B6A691-00ED-49B6-9D89-4ED028B0B339.jpeg
    74B6A691-00ED-49B6-9D89-4ED028B0B339.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 121
  • CA7517D6-1AD9-45D2-BC68-702ECC45E88B.jpeg
    CA7517D6-1AD9-45D2-BC68-702ECC45E88B.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 115
Uhhh, last service tech must have done that at the end of the day and was in a rush to get home?

Ignorant question(s): So in the first picture the diaphram is upside down? Does the regulator work at all like that?

Ignorant question(s): So in the first picture the diaphram is upside down? Does the regulator work at all like that?

No, the diaphragm is okay but the white piece (spring carrier) was very offset; it should be centred in the diaphragm over the valve lifter. This is very poor work practice for a technician.

Early in my dive career I had that happen. When I tried to discuss it with the shop they became evasive as hell. I wasn't angry at the time, just wanted them to know that there had been a problem. I received no harm from it.
I was not happy with the response. We quit using the shop and I started learning reg servicing myself. A problem turned into an opportunity. Positive outcome.

Yeah I've been diving this reg and not had an issue but having just recently invested in an IP gauge I measured this one and found it doesn't lock up hard and then has slight IP creep so taking it apart to see what the issues were.

Service kit on the way.

Service kit on the way.

FWIW, if it was just serviced you probably don't need any of the kit parts unless you find an overt problem. The IP creep did not go away once the diaphragm alignment was corrected....assuming you, or someone, did that and re-adjusted the IP.

FWIW, if it was just serviced you probably don't need any of the kit parts unless you find an overt problem. The IP creep did not go away once the diaphragm alignment was corrected....assuming you, or someone, did that and re-adjusted the IP.

Reg hasn't been serviced recently and I don't know who serviced it last

Back
Top Bottom