WOO HOO!! Second Confined Dive was a success

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EFB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Last night in class, my instructor was asking me how I felt about tonight. I told him the mask removal and breathing for a minute without it kinda made me nervous, but I was going to try and stay with the class.

AND I DID. The only issue I had was I almost lost my dive belt and I couldn't get it to move up no matter what I did so I called over the DM and he showed me how to float face down and fix it. He told me to open my legs so I wouldn't tip, so when I started to tip, I just remembered what he said and it was fine. When I came up, he congratualted me on doing an advanced skill that we will cover in the future.

The class started at 9:30 and were only above water for the first no more than 15 minutes, so that was the longest I have ever been down (which was very cool). When it came time for the mask full flooding, removal and replacement, I was hoping I would be one of the first to do it and I was the second. I was calm and managed to do it one the first try. After the class was done and we surfaced, our instructor said we all did great last night but he made special mention that I was able to pull off the skill on the first try and I remained calm.

As I was leaving last night, I thanked Michael again. BUT for his patience with me, I would have given up last time..and I am really starting to love this activity. I actually can't wait to try something new again next Tuesday.

Last edited:
That's excellent. Keep that attitude and you'll go far and have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful!

One piece of advice -- mask skills bothered you, so do them often. It's very tempting to try to avoid doing things we don't feel comfortable with, but you want to find anything that makes you uneasy in the water, and practice it until it no longer does.

That's excellent. Keep that attitude and you'll go far and have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much!!

Wonderful!

One piece of advice -- mask skills bothered you, so do them often. It's very tempting to try to avoid doing things we don't feel comfortable with, but you want to find anything that makes you uneasy in the water, and practice it until it no longer does.

I agree with you...I definetly will do this more and more until I am comfortable. In the classroom, I had difficulty disconnecting the connector (not sure if that is what it is called..but you know what I mean) from the BCD. I had a hard time...and then I got it...and when he was done with the rest of the class, I asked to try again...and then also when we set up our gear and we were waiting to get in the pool, I must have re-done it a dozen times...so when it came my time to do it at the bottom of the deep end...boom, done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom