Woo Hoo!! We are certified!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeelsDive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone!!!

I used this forum a while ago to ask some questions regarding open water certification and photography. My husband and I took the online courses/exams through PADI back in May and were supposed to go down to Belize for certification dives. We went down to Belize and I slipped and fell while at our lodge on the mainland (long story, random fall, missed a step) - we had to return to the US for me to have surgery and two months of physical therapy and recovery.

Full circle moment - went back to Belize last week and finished our mainland vacation then flew to San Pedro for certification dives - we LOVED IT! We did our certification through Island Divers Belize and I cannot say enough good things about Rudy, Rosa and the rest of the team down there - everyone was so helpful and so patient and we loved it! We did our confined dive in the shallow part of the ocean there by the dive shop, then did 20, 40, 60 foot dives at Hol Chan and also out past the reef. It was such an awesome experience!

I just want to thank everyone who offered advice to us months ago and encourage those considering diving certification - even after my injury/recovery, a bit of nervousness and panic when it was time to jump into the 40 ft dive, etc - I must say it was ALL worth it, and I can imagine that who you dive with makes a difference, but Rudy was awesome!

So ready to plan our first "real" dive where we don't have to perform skills tests and can just explore!

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction I call scuba.

Now you can change your dive status to 0-24 !! :D

Welcome back & Congrats!

Congratulations!!

Back
Top Bottom