Woods Hole Meet Up? Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
9751C4D5-4493-4656-BD8D-32BA1E7BC45E.jpeg
8C80CD11-13C1-4980-B1E3-D410CD1B0BAB.jpeg
Today I checked out Garbage Beach at woods hole, free parking 6am to 8am then after 8am credit card only no coins. Clear water, lots of little fish, pier hasn't got a lot of boats around garbage beach area, so hoping to get there for early dive or even snorkel.

Why is it called a garbage beach?

Why is it called a garbage beach?
So glad you asked! Since Woods Hole has had a marina for eons, divers have found antique clay pipes, old apothecary bottles, and old items generally. It is NOT named for modern trash.

What's the normal route to take after getting in the water there?

What's the normal route to take after getting in the water there?
I was only in the water here once two years ago, so I am no expert. In fact the reason that I posted “meetup” was to see if any other expert would lead a group and advise. There are piers, fishing, boats, lots of boats, it’s near a marina which makes that a bit concerning. I was alone today, and not a solo diver, so hoping there are others willing to get up early and go before Woods Hole gets busy? By myself, I might snorkel, but even that can get dicey if there is lost fishing line.

I was only in the water here once two years ago, so I am no expert. In fact the reason that I posted “meetup” was to see if any other expert would lead a group and advise. There are piers, fishing, boats, lots of boats, it’s near a marina which makes that a bit concerning. I was alone today, and not a solo diver, so hoping there are others willing to get up early and go before Woods Hole gets busy? By myself, I might snorkel, but even that can get dicey if there is lost fishing line.

Don't forget ferries and about 4 knots of current if you somehow strayed closer to the actual hole.

I went back to Woods Hole to do a weight check and scuba dive with my newest gear arrangement. Diving is easy and plenty of critters. Easiest dive site, just a long drive but worth it.
Anyone available this Saturday morning?

I went back to Woods Hole to do a weight check and scuba dive with my newest gear arrangement. Diving is easy and plenty of critters. Easiest dive site, just a long drive but worth it.
Anyone available this Saturday morning?

Bad timing, I just started dating someone in Syracuse NY, I'll be in the Saint Lawrence River on Saturday for some strange reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom