work and stay on Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigL

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever worked on Utila? I have medical background and my friend is a Dive Master. Is work hard to find? We are going around August till October. What should we expect for average daily budget? Know of any inexpensive places to stay? They do not have to have AC and other luxury accomodations. Just need to be clean and cheap, and maybe w/ a fan and hot water.

Any help would be great!
:D

Utila is a little piece of paradise. Go.

I was there in 1996, back in 1998 and finally left in 1999. Did my DM course with Utila Dive Centre and did Instructor course in 1998.

As a DM hard to find any paid work. Some dive schools pay DM's a few dollars here and there, so if you friend can do his IDC that would help. The medical service there was always happy to have volunteers, but I don't know about paid work.

In any case, GO!

Don't know why I left really, still think a lot about the place.

hi mate

i lived and worked in utila in 1997 it was excellent! you will need to be an instructor an order to make good money. good and cheep place to live is norma and will on blueberry hill simple but cheep!
the diving is good but the best is on the north side of the island.
have a good one! and yes work was easy to find i started the day after i got here!

thanks for the reply! I have one more question, if I plan on staying for 2 months, do I need any special permission or documents?? I am a US citizen. I am trying to get a job at the health clinic , but if it is too much paper work, I might just volunteer. Any advice??:doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom