Working with a person with Aspergers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBabe22

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I am a temp at a state agency in NY, but will be moving to DC on April 7. Before my departure, the office that I am currently in will be joined by a grade 18. This grade 18, up till about 20 minutes ago, was the most annoying higher level I have ever worked with. Unable to grasp concepts, talkative, ect.

My boss informed me that not only was I to help train him, I was to be the first 'catch all' for his work because he has aspergers.

[I felt badly immediately].

While I have worked with children [volunteering afterschool, ect] with aspergers, I have never dealt with an adult, or had to 'supervise'. I'm 22- he's in his 40s. I've googled the disorder, but nothing came up about working with or methods to work with people with aspergers.

Can anyone direct me to a site or a book with proper information? I'm leaving at 130 for lunch, but I'll be back. I'd just like to help him adjust the best way possible...

Thanks

I can't really help you with this issue...but I just wanted to give you an early welcome from DC. Let me know if you need any info on diving in the area or ever need a buddy for local dives.

You can PM me if you need help or more info. regarding Asperger Disorder but use the website listed as Home (Home) and that should give you all the support you need. They are great people and will provide you with assistance.

Back
Top Bottom