World Record Dive to a Ship Wreck, May 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
World Record Dive to a Ship Wreck, May 17th
On May 17th Rob LaLumiere will be attempting to break his own World Record dive of 193M on the USS Cooper in 2005, by diving on the Japanese destroyer Shimakaze in Ormoc Bay here in the Philippines. She lies in 250M of water and will be the deepest dive ever made by a scuba diver to sunken wreckage. Rob will be placing a memorial plaque on her decks to honor those who went down with the ship while following their orders from the Emperor.

The event will encompass a week of training dives before the record attempt and also one day will be set aside for the families and friends of the lost navy men to cast a wreath onto the water over the site allowing them to honor their service.

At least two team members are contributors to ScubaBoard.

1.jpg

Rob Lalumiere Dive To Shimakaze

I'll be joining the team to do the underwater photography.

nice, I see Matt and Simon So will also be providing deep support...

Holy crap! Good luck!

have a blast, dennis :D

who's the other contributor?

Matt Reed whom you all know. Matt and Mike Taylor did the Princess dive a couple of weeks ago, I posted photos of that, off the same boat, Rags II. Roger was also did the dive as well as Paul Nielson from Mandarin Divers in Hong Kong, so Pak may know him.

Good luck mate! Dive safe.

Dennis, ever want to test the depth limits of your Ikelite housing?

Come on, you know you want to yoyo down to 100m, when they're not looking :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom