Worried

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think everyone begins with the same feeling. I especially held on to that feeling when my wife and teenagers were on dives (I felt responsible for them throughout each dive always). But with time and experience, you get comfortable (and more comfortable with the abilities of those you dive with). The risks are always there, but the more you dive, the better you can deal with it - kind of like driving a car. Always dive within your abilities and comfort zone. And keep up continuing education with classes. Make sure to take a Stress and Rescue class as well for your safety and those you dive with. I think every diver should have a class such as this.

Common feeling and I don't blame you in the least, just stick with it and remember this is supposed to be fun. If it's not...then something ain't being done right!

Recently went on a dive boat, they buddied me up with a newbie. He said to me, I'm 58 years old and think I'm to old for the sport.

Told him that I was 58 yo when I started diving. Also, completed my AOW last year. This year (July) I make the turn into the next decade. So, It's like anyother physical activity, stay in shape and do everything safely and know your limitations.

Wish I started this sport 30 years ago, as you will probable say once you start diving regular.

Good Luck, Dive SAFELY AND OFTEN

Joe :rock_band :bandsmlz:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom