Would this be a good knife to have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not only do they clip on to things very easily (both things you want to clip to and things you don't); they are also somewhat difficult to unclip. A simple snap link gives you more control and less accidental operation.

I am sorry, I am not sure, danpass, what do you mean.

---------- Post Merged at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Are EMT shears all the same? Or for scuba you have to buy specific ones? Like different size, alloy, etc...

They're all pretty much the same as far as I know. I'm an EMT, so I never have to buy one, even though they are pretty cheap.

The best knife is the one you have with you when needed usually.

I'd pass personally, mostly because I'd expect it to rust surprisingly quickly.

If I had my heart set on a folder it would be a Spiderco knife, made for salt-water use, with H-1 stainless. Or a Benchmade from their X15-TN.

All the best, James

I did not buy it then, 6 months ago, bought it today just for laughs. Holy thread resurrection.

What the hell is that supposed to be? It does not look like a knife to me.

N

You could just make your own by shackling a snap to a cheap folding knife. There is also a folding knife built into a carabiner with a locking gate if you are worried about it accidentally getting hooked on something.

IMG_1958.jpg

If you are looking for a small folder, get the Spyderco Pacific Salt with the H1 steel. Its an awesome blade and its very rust resistant. A quick simple rinse with fresh water and you are good to go. I had mine for a few years now and I always had it on my BCD (even when I'm teaching student in the pool :p). Even now, it is still as sharp as when I first got it. And if you know spyderco, you know how that their blade are usually very sharp. So I think this blade is a really good investment.

Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow FRN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom