Would you still do the dive if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If you were scheduled to do a dive in Boca Raton yesterday, would you still do it considering this?

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- The warmer waters off Florida are bringing more sharks closer to the coast.

Thousands of sharks were spotted Wednesday, swimming about 50 yards from the shore near the Boca Raton Inlet.

The area called shark ledge is a popular diving spot known for its population of caribbean reef sharks and other sea life.

Biologists say sharks typically migrate this time of year to warmer waters.

They also swim close to shore to chase bait fish.

Sharks Swarm Near South Florida Shore | Firstcoastnews.com | Most Popular

If I could swim faster than my dive buddy I would :D. Seriously though if the locals were diving, then I would. They may or may not know if it is actually safe or not but it would be cool and I try hard not to live life in fear of what might happen.

yep, i would. if the sharks are there, it's because there's already stuff for them to eat. if they aren't looking for chunky white girls, i'm pretty safe.

Absolutely! I loved seeing sharks on the few Fl dives I've gotten to do. I'm a believer that they're not really interested in us, so sharks aren't something I worry about too much when diving.

Absolutely! Thousands of sharks in the water would hopefully chase away those pesky dolphins!

Seriously though, don't worry about the sharks The species that are coming in aren't a threat to you.

Absolutely! Thousands of sharks in the water would hopefully chase away those pesky dolphins!

Seriously though, don't worry about the sharks The species that are coming in aren't a threat to you.

Lol! What's up with the dolphins?

I always get a little nervous about sharks, much like I would if I saw a tiger or a bear. But I'm so intrigued by them, so I'm sure I'll do a shark dive one day. I don't know if my first shark dive would be in the middle of thousands of sharks though. :)

Again, I wouldn't worry about it. They are congregating along shallower waters than you will be diving. Even if the dive op took you to where the sharks were congregating-and I strongly doubt they will-swimming with sharks is only intimidating until you actually do it.

What's up with the dolphins? Man Reveals Intimate Romance With Dolphin

If you were scheduled to do a dive in Boca Raton yesterday, would you still do it considering this?

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- The warmer waters off Florida are bringing more sharks closer to the coast.

Thousands of sharks were spotted Wednesday, swimming about 50 yards from the shore near the Boca Raton Inlet.

The area called shark ledge is a popular diving spot known for its population of caribbean reef sharks and other sea life.

Biologists say sharks typically migrate this time of year to warmer waters.

They also swim close to shore to chase bait fish.

Sharks Swarm Near South Florida Shore | Firstcoastnews.com | Most Popular

It would make me want to do the dive even more!

Back
Top Bottom