Wounded Warrior Donations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mack Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Swampers.

The next class of Warriors In Transition has started and it looks like it will be a really good group. The class is 10 soldiers who are all amputees. I'm planning to help out with a couple of the pool sessions, in addition to the check out dives.

Anyway, If anyone has some used gear that is in good shape, feel free to donate it to the troops. We'll take regs, bcds, fins, masks, basically any scuba gear that is in good shape. All gear will be inspected and serviced if necessary. That gear is then used for training classes or given to deserving soldiers who have shown the desire to continue diving.

Donations can be sent to:

Oak Hill Scuba
6156 West Hwy 290, Ste B
Austin, TX 78735

If you want to donate cash to be used for gear, PM me for Paypal details.

Thanks in advance for your generosity.

Is this ongoing? Can I send some gear for delivery end of next week and it will still be put to good use?

Thanks

Is this ongoing? Can I send some gear for delivery end of next week and it will still be put to good use?

Thanks

Absolutley. The classes are ongoing and as warriors demonstrate an interest in continuing to dive, we will be providing them with gear. We also use some of the donated gear for the pool and checkout dives. As an example, one of the soldiers, who lost part of one leg, was using a very flimsy fin. I'm taking a stiffer fin, that was donated, for him to use in the check out dives.

Thanks in advance for your generosity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom