WOW, I Got An OK From Better Half

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVRICK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was afraid my better half would say no to new equipment and diving again. This morning sitting on the deck drinking coffee I heard a comment that made me very happy, "You know, you love diving and you are passionate about it, I think you should do what you love." This coming from someone who will not dive or even go on vacation if it involves flying. I guess it is hard to beat living with your best friend for over 20 years.

That woman deserves something shiny and expensive! Big time.:D
Make sure there is a jewelry store close by and become a customer where when you walk in they know you by name and greet you like an old friend.

My mrs. is the same. But I also make sure to make time for her as well. It's all about balance.

Awesome. I had just this conversation last year. I was a very active diver for 6 years and then stopped when she was diagnosed with cancer. Talk about withdrawal pains! But I didn't think she was going to make it, needed me all the time and I had one and three y/o daughters at the time and my redundancy was just marked in question. Since I was done diving, I gave all of my gear away to a local instructor for his students.

Six years later she's better and she said pretty much the same thing to me. Oh yeah! BCD, Regs, Fins, Wetsuit, computer et al... full kit of gear. Much nicer stuff then I had last time.

Shiny and expensive is always appreciated but she might appreciate a little extra attention and help around the house even more. Is your "to do" list up to date?

And what are your plans? Refresher class? Trips? Is there such a thing a local diving in WV?

Lucky lucky you

I also find it interesting that we all assumed the "better half" was a "she." I looked back at the original post and no gender was specified.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom