WP-DC38 for s95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always order an extra battery.

Ditto, but I don't like opening a housing on the boat, or anywhere other than a controlled environment. It's far too easy to get muck on the seal. That's why I choose cameras whose battery life will unquestionably last the entire day's diving. My G10 does, my old S500 did not, my old Casio EX-Z55 does (and still produces remarkably good images), the S90/95 according to reports (I haven't used one) are more questionable.

I can easily get two dives with either my S90 or S95, but I don't think three dives are likely, at least with a lot of flash usage. Make sure batteries are freshly charges!

Are you using Canon batteries or a thrid party?

Cool little leather "housing". Where did you get it?

Ebay, not expensive, I like it better than my Canon case and I do have two S90s so one gets the leather case and the other gets the housing :D.

As to the battery thing, I shoot a lot of flash but I do use the flash on low power so that does indeed help big time. If I only shot 40 to 50 shots per dive I am sure I could run out three dives but I average a bit more than that per dive usually so it does eat into dive number three. I would recommend changing batteries for that afternoon dive or during the long surface interval if you are in a photo rich environment.

If the G11 could do what the S90 could do I would have gone with the larger battery capacity, but, it cannot so I will not trade the shot I want for a camera with a battery that will last longer but cannot get me the shot I want.

James

Interesting. What can the S90 do that the G11 cannot? The only significant difference I can think of is the f2.0 lens on the S90.

I always order an extra battery.

but, I have found they are hard to change UW........and I ordered an extra when I got my camera,--just saying....

Last edited:
Interesting. What can the S90 do that the G11 cannot? The only significant difference I can think of is the f2.0 lens on the S90.

Easy answer, mount the UWL-04 or the Inon UFL165AD or the Inon WAL100-67 with dome or pop those off and mount the UCL165AD. It cannot change lenses underwater, it cannot utilize threaded mounts much less bayonet mounts. The FIX90 can as can the Recsea95. Surely you have noticed this. It can go from fisheye to wide angle to standard port to macro all in one dive. Oh, it cannot do this either:

DSCF0008.jpg

The S90 has a faster lens and IMO, is a more responsive camera and it can fit in my pocket when not diving with it and fit in a small carry on when I get to travel with it.

N

So other than the faster lens, the benefits accrue to the housings manufactured for the S90 over the G11, nothing to do with the cameras themselves?

So other than the faster lens, the benefits accrue to the housings manufactured for the S90 over the G11, nothing to do with the cameras themselves?

Yes, absolutely and that the camera will fit in my pocket. Frankly, I would prefer something like the G12 and the FIX dry port system but I already owned a bunch of lenses, well, what I really would like is one of both, :D. My next camera, hinges on the development of Canon's new mini-dSLR or I would go with the new Sony. But, since my S90 is still brand new and I still like it very, very much, it will serve me well until there is enough incentive to make another jump, several years down the road.

Oh, the new ring control on the G12 is a big equalizer between the S series and the new G12. It should have been there all along. The front ring control, to me, is a huge deal and control of the rear ring is equally huge when installed in a housing.

If you have a G series and a housing and lens set that does what you need, be happy.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom