WP-DC38 for s95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a G10 and Canon housing. I love the camera out of the water (and much prefer it to the later G's), but I'm not that impressed with its performance under water. I actually prefer my old 5mp Casio.

I have a G10 and Canon housing. I love the camera out of the water (and much prefer it to the later G's), but I'm not that impressed with its performance under water. I actually prefer my old 5mp Casio.

If you are not happy, then------.

An underwater camera system is just that, a system. The purchase of the camera, housing, strobes, required lenses should be looked at in it's entirety as to exactly what it is the photographer wants to do. It may be for some people one camera cannot do both land and sea for them. An underwater "system" may have unique needs that conflict with the other use, in the case of the G series, the long zoom lens is an issue with accessory lenses. The FIX housings and S series cameras and the new Recsea are very unusual in that they allow a great deal of versatility in a "system" approach.

N

So other than the faster lens, the benefits accrue to the housings manufactured for the S90 over the G11, nothing to do with the cameras themselves?
And the lens options you have underwater.

The G9/G10/G11/G12 series are great for dry land. Unfortunately, the options to do anything interesting with third-party wet lenses for wide angle or macro are basically non-existent with the housings available for those cameras. :idk:

FWIW, there are other dry land differences between the G12 and S95 or G11 and S90, but I'll leave that for the photography forums.

hi hi Surger
Did you manage to post pics of your modifications made to your AD Mount Base ?
Do you have any photos to share using your UWL-100 ?
I am v interested as I have a similar setup but with a S80

Thanks
BC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom