Wreck dive and dm questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaHump:
First that is not true at all. I dont know where you dive but the wrecks I dive alot of them can be penatrated. The video on you web site is NOT a good example of a wreck dive.

Is that to say that you would have been disappointed to go on such a dive? I was on this dive myself and I thought that it was pretty good. Interesting wreck. Good marine life around it - even though the video didn't show it.

Thanks for all your replies. I was mostly speaking about being "around" a wreck, so that seems to be generally safe up to your comfort level. I eventually want to go for AOW and take a wreck speciality since I'm right on the east coast and can imagine wreck dives being something that I'd want to get into. Thanks again :)

cleung:
Is that to say that you would have been disappointed to go on such a dive? I was on this dive myself and I thought that it was pretty good. Interesting wreck. Good marine life around it - even though the video didn't show it.

I liked your video a lot. I also liked the other ones. We've done snorkeling near Sting Ray City and also fed the rays. That was one of my best shore excurisions while cruising. :)

chincoteague diver:
Thanks for all your replies. I was mostly speaking about being "around" a wreck, so that seems to be generally safe up to your comfort level. I eventually want to go for AOW and take a wreck speciality since I'm right on the east coast and can imagine wreck dives being something that I'd want to get into. Thanks again :)

CD, talk to your dive shop and check out the dive operations. I know in NJ there are many "first time" wreck dives. Almost all dive shops run a few a year. Some boats do as well. They primarily go to sites at 60' or less, and to wrecks that are completely intact. They will typically pair you up with a DM. No penetration, just swimming around the wreck.

JR

Back
Top Bottom