Wreck dives Fri - Sun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

I'm looking to check out the NJ wrecks being I grew up in Jersey for 20 years and never dove here.

I have the weekend free from childcare (Thanks to my most amazing wife) and my wife has given me the green light to do what I want. So I'm thinking of getting into town on Friday and maybe doing a shore dive and then hitting up the wreck boats on Sat and sun the 23rd/24th.

Anyone want to join?

I would like to be in - but not sure since it is Memorial Day Weekend will know more this week.

Friday could be a night dive - but it is a midnight high tide... I could definitely do a night dive on Friday.
Shark River Inlet night dive A Street or the North Side - or L Street if we wanted something more tame.
But diving that late would throw off an early morning boat dive....

Friday 22nd High tide feet
22 Low 5:45 AM 0.1 Sun rise 5:35 AM
22 High 11:51 AM 4.5 Sunset 8:11 PM
22 Low 5:45 PM 0.6
22 High 11:58 PM 4.8

Day dives in the inlet are more congested with fishermen - But L Street would be fine during the day...

Too close to "open season" for me. Night or nothing.

I'll gladly show up on the next pre-midnight dive that BRD can hit and still make work. Could be fun for all of us. Look for the higher of the two high tides landing sometime after dark. The cycle is headed that way now...

---------- Post added May 17th, 2015 at 03:30 PM ----------

As an afterthought, the new moon seems (to me) to supply a higher tide but the full moon seems to attract more critters. Maybe agilis will weigh in on this...

---------- Post added May 17th, 2015 at 06:03 PM ----------

Wednesday has a passable high just after 10:00 PM, No moon. Dark.

Brielle Basin (L-Street) for me, still shaking out my SM gear. Forget SRI for now. I could be interested...

Sorry I forgot about this thread. I'll be out tomorrow on the john jack. We got blown out on Long Island today.

Sorry I forgot about this thread. I'll be out tomorrow on the john jack. We got blown out on Long Island today.

Really? I know the Gypsy Blood and several others were going out today. Forecast is 10-15 with gusts to 20 and seas 2-3. Sounds pretty good to me.

At 6 am it was 4ft 4 secs off shore

Onshore was worse.

Very rough in the morning, captain was spot on. Called the original wreck, picked a substitute, all was good but the visibility. But, hey, this is the beginning of the season. We waited at the dock for about an hour. Got a dive in and then the seas just plain laid down and went to sleep.

Pizza for lunch with the new pizza oven! Banana bread and brownies, homemade by crew. Freaking beautiful afternoon. The lunch I brought is still in my dive crate, maybe eat it while washing some gear at home...

BTW, rumor has it that the Gypsy Blood went to their "alternative" too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom