Wreck diving in BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done the Annapolis a few times, it's ok but not a lot of life yet. I'm still working on getting to Nanaimo to do the Cape Breton and the Saskatchewan, they are deeper than the Annapolis.
All can be done with high capacity single. I dive steel 130s and a 30 cf pony and sometimes twin 120s.
You can shore dive Porteau Cove where there are 4 wrecks. The Nakaya is the most interesting one but one must be careful diving around it now as it is falling apart, definitely find a local to show you that one.
So many others to do but I cant tell you about them from experience yet. I am planning to dive the wreck of the Capilano in April, it's a deep one so probably do it with doubles.
Definitely get bp/wing setup, just a much better setup for trim and streamlining.
If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Bought the drysuit. Got a Whites Fusion Bullet as part of a complete setup. Guy sold everything because he can't dive anymore. Already took thedry suit course and an ice diving course. Love the dry suit.

Now for a Nitrox and tech course so I can dive with doubles. Going to piece together a BP/W setup over the spring and dive it a bunch in the summer and fall to get used to it.

George at The Diving Center in Saskatoon can steer you in the right way as far as Diefenbaker goes. I haven't been there yet, just got my OW last January and haven't done much local diving other than pools and a smaller lake around Regina. I hear there is an underwater forest from before the dam went in. Should probably be a few things like that. And I hear the area around the dam itself is cool.

Working on the drysuit. Damn these things aren't cheap. And likely picking up a HP 120 this week also and a pony some time before I do the deep dive, which I hope will be this summer.
Get best suit you can.. It will last longer and pay for itself in long run.. I personally like scubapros top trilaminate.. Fits like a glove hardly any squeeze very light and built like a tank though $2900 or less.. Worth every penny

While people say BP/W is modular, the only thing that I would use in both warm and cold water would be the harness. Smaller wing and aluminum (titanium actually) for warm water. I make my own harnesses, so I'd just have two.

Now I have switched over to the Xdeep Stealth Tec 2.0 sidemount harness for both warn and cold water, but that's a different ballgame.

Get best suit you can..
I got the cheapest suit you can (Bare Nexgen), and I've had great luck with it. I go through zippers and seals, but the suit itself is almost completely intact! The important thing with drysuits is fit, and that's why they're so hard to rent, why you have to make a big investment before you know for sure if you even like cold water diving. A cheap (or even used) suit that fit's your body proportions and style of diving is worth more than a fancy one that does not quite 'suit'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom