Wreck Hunters - The Mayflower (Canada) - Combermere, Ontario - 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

treasurechaser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been sitting on this footage for a few years. This wreck is kind of hard to get to unless you have your own boat. I did not. I called a local restaurant and fortunately after speaking with the manager I was able to find a boat and captain who would take us from The Bent Anchor Restaurant in Combermere to the wreck location. We dove it 3 times. The first time we could not find it. A year later, a buoy was there and was attached to the wreck. A year after that, the buoy was there but not attached to the wreck, but we were close by and able to find it.

To learn the history of this wreck Cogeco TV did a nice production on its history with some very cool reenactments. Worth a watch. Enjoy!

Skip to the 11:11 mark for the mayflower story.

Fabulous! I’ve not heard of this wreck before, thanks.

Fascinating, sternwheelers are very rare finds in this region. Being in a landlocked lake probably contributes to its condition.

Wow! If I want to see this myself, should I ask at any restaurant for a dive charter, or are there specific ones you recommend?

Wow! If I want to see this myself, should I ask at any restaurant for a dive charter, or are there specific ones you recommend?

As far as I know there are no dive charters. I got lucky, randomly called the closest restaurant and the manager there had a nice speed boat and was down for adventure as well I paid for his time and gas. He no longer is involved in the restaurant business otherwise I would suggest him.

Due to the size and boat activity on Kamaniskeg Lake it is impossible to swim from shore, even with scooters. Call around, hopefully you will get lucky as I did.

I have been sitting on this footage for a few years. This wreck is kind of hard to get to unless you have your own boat. I did not. I called a local restaurant and fortunately after speaking with the manager I was able to find a boat and captain who would take us from The Bent Anchor Restaurant in Combermere to the wreck location. We dove it 3 times. The first time we could not find it. A year later, a buoy was there and was attached to the wreck. A year after that, the buoy was there but not attached to the wreck, but we were close by and able to find it.

To learn the history of this wreck Cogeco TV did a nice production on its history with some very cool reenactments. Worth a watch. Enjoy!

Hey there, i saw your post about this wreck. I tried to find it last summer with my boat but could not. I made several dives and found nothing. The marker buoy is long gone i guess. Any suggestions? Exact gps point? Any help at all will do. Ill be trying agsin this summer as we cottage at sandbay campgrounds

Chris

Hey there, i saw your post about this wreck. I tried to find it last summer with my boat but could not. I made several dives and found nothing. The marker buoy is long gone i guess. Any suggestions? Exact gps point? Any help at all will do. Ill be trying agsin this summer as we cottage at sandbay campgrounds

Chris

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom