Wreck Penetration in Nassau Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamike16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

Are they letting divers go inside wrecks in Nassau, like the Anthony Bell, BBC, etc or do the instructors don't want you to go inside them? When I went a few years ago they would let you, but I am hearing they don't anymore. Any insight to this or updates would be appreciated.

Thanks,
M :)

If you and a buddy go waving wreck specialty certs and tooled up with lines and reels and cookies etc, i doubt you'd have a problem.
Unqualified, only there for a few dives with a rentabuddy and giving no prior warning of your intentions. I reckon the most relaxed DM'd get snotty.
I'd have a word to explain your requirement once you're there and get your instructor/dm to, on the first dive, gauge your "form". With this type of open handed approach you'll prolly get further than forcing it. Almost all of the wrecks are fairly small and not complex. A penetration of the BBC'd take moments!
The dive staff'd be able to tell you better wrecks and features to look out for.
Bare in mind that for these guy's wreck pen is fairly advanced, thus a grateful break from the normal humdrum working day so, if they've time, you might even get a staff member tagging along!
Do note tho. A couple of dives like the Bond wreck (specifically the vulcan bomber) and the cage on the deck of the Will Laurie have quite alot of soft coral growth which may become damaged or dislodged by bubbles it's explained in the briefing. So often guests are asked not to go in/under them.

I'd definitely let them know your thoughts before JFDI'ing it.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom