Wreckmania #2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday, I made an all day trip on the Lady Go Diver to dive Tennaco Towers, the Sinkhole (it's not a sinkhole) and Qualmann Tugs.

We dived the shallowest of the 3 TT sites (not the one we dived in July). There were two sections of the tower next to each other. Both have a heavy growth of Gorgonias and are packed with fish. In addition to the usual grunts and snapper, I saw Midnight & Princess Parrotfish, Sand Tilefish, Blue Gobies, Cuban Hogfish, Butter & Barred Hamlets, Sand Diver, Queen & French Angelfish, Spotfin Butterflyfish, Scrawled Filefish, Scrawled Cowfish and a baby grouper. I believe the grouper was a Scamp, but it may have been a Black.

On the second dive, I saw a Guitarfish. I had an urge to play golf, but was able to restain myself.

The third dive allowed us to see several wrecked tubboats on one dive.

This is a trip worth taking.

Tomorrow the LGD is headed for the Hydroatlantic. I wish I didn't have to work.

DSSW,

WWW™

Walter:
Nice report. Did you find out about tank sizes, and if we have the afternoon boat to ourselves?

My loving wife has agreed to go. Natasha if there are still rooms available let me know. I think I messaged you but am not sure if I did it right. New to this kind of forum.

Walter my wife is a little nervous about penetrating a wreck, so I told her if she was leary with penetrating a wreck that we could just swim outside of them. I am not worried about a certification if it means she has to be uncomfortable. Is it ok with you if she doesn't want to penetrate the wreck, we can just look from the outside? Walter I,m going to bring one reel if that is ok. If she decides to do a limited penetration can we share the reel?

TIA
charlie

Walter & Natasha,

Count Jeff and I in for any afternoon and night dives that occur on Saturday and Sunday. We need to be out of the water by 2pm on Monday to make our 24 hour flying restriction.

Thanks again bunches for coordinating this trip!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Walter,

I can't say for sure about the afternoon or nite dives now, got to spend some time with the wife so for now count me out. I would like to BUT..... If things work out and there is a spot open I may can fill it. Kathy may be interested in the reef dives, I will have to let you know. In any event, shore afternoon and/or shore nite dives are almost for sure if I can find a buddy (or 2 or 3)

Put me down for Nitrox tanks for the class, I am already certified

I sure wish we could move Fla closer- I just drove 12 hrs from Ginnie and I am pooped but I am now Cavern Certified.

Please welcome Charlie and Pam to the trip!
I'm holding a room for Bill from Diverlink ..so that leaves 2 rooms left. Whoo hoo!
Herman, congrats!
Since there was no mail today ..no check updates. They should be pouring in tomorrow ..:wink:
How many more days till July 19th? Who's knows?

I talked with Pavan, the owner of Dixie Divers, on the boat yesterday. He has 80's, 100, & 120's available. He has high pressure and low pressure available. The larger tanks will increase the cost some. I'm still dickering, so I can't give you an exact amount yet.

I also talked to Captain Rob and booked the boat for all three afternoons. Depending on how the numbers add up we may or may not keep the boat to ourselves in the afternoon. I suspect it will not be a problem.

DSSW,

WWW™

Originally posted by Natasha
... How many more days till July 19th? Who's knows?

151 Days!

I'll contact Bill and put a burr under his saddle! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom