Wreckmania # 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by TexasMike
....And when we see Heather or Dee, we yell, "HELLLLOOOO NURSE!"

Hey! I'm no Nurse!

I just wanted to share with you guys the most retarded thing that I have done in a very long time: On my commute home from work today (after one too many Cabernets), I fell asleep on my bus and woke up when the bus driver was trying to shake me awake. I had absolutely no clue where I was (I moved recently) and so couldn't even figure out how to get home. Eventually, the bus driver had to retrace the bus route until I figured out where I live. :shaking:

I think I should wear a Stupid Sign for a while.

Sandy:
It's good to know NY bus drivers are good, responsible people. Glad he/she got you home safely.
We'll have to watch what we pour you down in Florida. Don't want you to fall asleep in the room, and miss the dives!
PS I only wish I could fall sleep that easily. Maybe I don't drink enough? Hehehehe

You're not the 1st one to pull that stunt. While in the Marine Corps I was stationed in Japan and used to ride the high speed train(110+mph) from Iwakuni to Hiroshima( 2hr ride) every Sat. to do the town there. Never failed, drink too much and fall asleep on the train. Could have ended up in Tokyo (7hr. up the way) but without fail some kind soul would always wake me in time to get off the train. God has special angels to look after some of us who at times are just not capable to do it ourselves. Travel safe and keep shining! See you in Florida.

I was down in Yokuska for a couple of months and wanted to make a Hard Rock Cafe run in the repungie district of Tokyo. Couple of hours not a problem. Got there without to much trouble. But coming back. You know those signs above the door that has the color train you ride. Well I knew what line I was on but had no clue where at on that line. Missed the stop and had a nice walk back. Didn't trust the trains after that.
Neet thing about Tokyo, Finding a bar called Charleston. It was run by some New Zealand chaps. I blame missing the stop on them.

Okay since everyone is sharing their train stories. When I was in Northern Italy in the Air Force, a girlfriend and I got leave over Labor Day Weekend and decided to go to Rome on the overnight train. We had never gotten on a sleeper train before so we decided that we should have a couple bottles of wine each so we would be able to sleep!

Italian wine varies greatly as to the % of alcohol by volume because it isn't regulated. We must have gotten some really strong stuff because we were in a six passenger sleeper car and when we went to sleep we were the only two. When the conductor came around to tell us it was our stop 7 hours later and wake us up, 4 other people had joined us on the other bunks and we didn't even hear them come in!

I truly believe that we could have been robbed of all our money and luggage and slept right through it!

So SunshineFish, don't feel bad. Atleast you were in a country where you could communicated with the bus driver. If we got lost in Italy we had to use a unique brand of sign language and what I remembered from College Spanish to get us by!

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

KC, Since you were in Italy, What is that stuff they make over there with the lemons. It taste like ever clear with lemon juice. It took a week for my eyes to stop seeing double. I thought I was suffering from alcohol poisioning after that trip. No more Italian home brew for this Rat.

And here all this time I thought you were brewing moonshine in that Redneck Live-aboard of yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom