Wreckmania # 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Wreckmaniacs!

Wreckmania will be July 19 - 23 in Deerfield Beach Florida.
YMCA Wreck specialty class and trip. I'll be teaching the class and keeping an eye on the diving while Natasha handles the rest of the trip.

"Rettger Resorts Beach Club http://www.rettgerresorts.com
Address: 100 NE 20th Terrace
Deerfield beach, FL 33441
Phone 954-427-7900
The trip will include:
4 night stay July 19th to the 23rd 2002
YMCA Wreck certification
3 days of 2 tank wreck dives
48' dive boat: Lady go Diver
Rental equipment available from: Dixie Divers http://www.dixiediver.com
All hotel taxes @ 11% a day
Daily continental breakfast
Daily Bar B Que lunch .. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, and sides
Daily Bar B Que Dinners.. Pork Chops, Chicken, Brats, Italian Sausage, and special surprises ...
Also, included is a guarantee to have a great time, and meet lots of life long friends!

Send and make deposits to:
Coast to Coast Travel
1135 Elder Road
Homewood, IL.
60430"

Dive schedule:

7/20 Dive 1 - Ancient Mariner 70 ft
Dive 2 - United Caribbean 70 ft

7/21 Dive 1 - Captain Dan 117 ft We'll stay at 100 ft or shallower
Dive 2 - Jay Doorman 83 ft

7/22 Dive 1 - Captain Dan 117 ft We'll stay at 100 ft or shallower
Dive 2 - RSB One 107 ft We'll stay at 100 ft or shallower

There are still a limited number of slots available for those interested contact Natasha via PM.

DivingGal and I dived the Ancient Mariner and the United Caribbean on Thursday. We spotted three large Blue Parrotfish and a couple of Midnight Parrotfish along with the usual large schools of Glassy Sweepers on the Ancient Mariner. We saw a 5' - 6' Southern Stingray buried in the sand near the United Caribbean. Seas were calm, current was mild the water is warming up. Temps are already in the mid 70's, by July it should be absolutely sweltering.

Good news and bad news.
Bad first: Cindy and the Chicago OW woman will not be joining the trip now.
Good news: DivingGal will take Cindy's place and room with Sandy, if that's OK with Sandy.
This leaves two rooms open for up to 4 more divers.
Also Scywin or Steve, wants to go to Wreckmania.
He was on my Bonaire trip and my Cozumel trip.
He will either room with Bill or take his own room.
Bill and Dave we need a decision this week, OK?
Thanks guys!
Over and Out.
Mom

Though I do have my travel agent looking for a great deal.... I don't think anything will come through. Right now airfare down to Fort Lauderdale will be close to 400 USD (ouch)....

As I have loads of vacation time, I figure I will be taking extra time and driving down.

I have space for one (and dive kit). So if anyone that is coming is along my route, and has the time to drive.... I should be able to accommodate. My "roomie" unfortunately has job commitments so she must fly.

If a wreckmaniac is interested, drop me a PM, and we can discuss.

Have you checked the cost of flights into other airports near by like Orlando or west palm? Maybe someone could pick you up on your way down or you could rent a car. Just an idea.

It's really the cost from Canada. I can save maybe 100 if I cross the border and pick up a flight from Syracus, NY - but still in the 300 range. Now if I can get in the 200 range.....

The drive down (and back) won't cost that much, and I'd have the car available to use.

My wife and I are leaving out of bradley in hartford CT. We are getting these flights for around 150 each rd trip. You are more than welcome to take a flight from here and leave vehicle at our house. we are in MA. So you would need to travel east on I90 to get here but would sure be a lot shorter drive than what you are undertaking. Drop me a pm if you want.

lives :)

I made an offer for DivingGal to leave her car at my house too but as I am 4 hours from MA, she would save driving time by flying out of CT.

Originally posted by livestodive
My wife and I are leaving out of bradley in hartford CT. We are getting these flights for around 150 each rd trip. You are more than welcome to take a flight from here and leave vehicle at our house. we are in MA. So you would need to travel east on I90 to get here but would sure be a lot shorter drive than what you are undertaking. Drop me a pm if you want.lives :)

Originally posted by SunshineFish
I made an offer for DivingGal to leave her car at my house too but as I am 4 hours from MA, she would save driving time by flying out of CT.

Wow - you guys are super! PMs are on the way.. :D

Got a question for you Walter. The dives on the 22nd - morning dives? Finishing around the same as we had (around 11)?

The reason I'm asking, is to ensure my 24hr "no fly zone" before heading home if I take up a offer to drive to the States, and fly from CT (thanks Livestodive).

I'm still looking at the possibility of driving - and maybe stopping off to visit friends in NC (and maybe even dive hehehe. . . ). If I do drive, I would like to bring my own tanks (and pony bottle) - anyone know of any restrictions crossing the border with scuba tanks? Or who I should ask about this?

Back
Top Bottom