Wreckmania II countdown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
It is officially 7 days till I get on the road heading to Wreckmania II!

Are any of the rest of you getting excited? I am!

Let's hear some of that excitment, I don't know why but we have been a very quiet group on the boards. Have we become a bit nonchalant or what?

Walter, you haven't given us any specifics on anything we might need to bring this year, like reels, lights, slates etc. Still need them right?

Natasha, how about it anything else we need to provide? Are we going to do any kind of cookout time?

Hope to hear some noise here soon!
:bounce:

How about a whine instead. I was there last year and had a great time but work had prevented me from making it this year. !$%@@@!!!#$^%#%! WORK. If it's anything like last year, you will have a blast. I will be looking for daily pictures for those of us who have to miss the fun.

Walter told me I would need a reel. I plan to get one at Divers Direct in Key Largo when I get there.

seaangel once bubbled...
Walter, you haven't given us any specifics on anything we might need to bring this year, like reels, lights, slates etc. Still need them right?

I'm interested in hearing the answer to this one. My primary light flooded a couple weeks ago, and I really don't want to spend the money to replace it [as I'm getting a real light soon].

What's the list of necessary gear?

well i wont make it this year but planning on trying to make it next year so pleae have a Wreckmania 3 , as I am getting ready for DIR F class and our wreck diving season has began hear in NC , Hey hermon you ready for june20th 21st ,22nd ect

Last year the gear list was light, snorkle and reel. You don't need a big honkin light for the course and reels were shared between divers last year. If ned be you are more than welcome (as is anyone else to use my reel).

Does anyone know if there is a Brownies Third Lung in Key Largo? They have a sweet roll-up/fold-up snorkle that I want to get.

Later

dave

Big O once bubbled...
Last year the gear list was light, snorkle and reel. You don't need a big honkin light for the course and reels were shared between divers last year. If ned be you are more than welcome (as is anyone else to use my reel).

If this is a wreck trip, why would you want a snorkle, and why wouldn't you want a big honkin light?? We are talking shipwrecks, right?
:confused:

If you are taking the class, you need to be aware of the requirements.

I need to see your log with at least 20 dives. I will need a copy of your c-card (front & back).

Required will be: Mask, snorkel, fins, SCUBA cylinder, valve, BC, LPI, regulator with 2 second stages, SPG, weight system, timing device, depth gauge, light, reel, signaling device (whistle, mirror or safety sausage), knife or shears and slate.

Nice but not required: Gloves (strongly recommended), Compass, Insurance (strongly recommended), computer and pony bottle or doubles.

Buddy teams can share a reel.

"If this is a wreck trip, why would you want a snorkle, and why wouldn't you want a big honkin light??"

The snorkel is required by agency standards. I think it is a mistake to require a snorkel in wreck standards, but we will follow the standards.

You don't want a big light.

Walter once bubbled...
You don't want a big light.

You warm water, high visibility guys are so spoiled. :hohum:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom