Wreckmania II Key Largo Part II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Wreckmania II Key Largo
Hello Divers!
Are you ready to "Sink into History" ? The details for WMII are here!

Place:
4 nights @Holiday Inn Key Largo www.holidayinnkeylargo.com
Dive Op:
Sea Dwellers www.seadwellers.com
Includes:
3 days of 2 tank morning dives
Monday afternoon "Buy 1 tank get 1 free Day"
Daily continental breakfast
Group Dive Collectors T shirt
Chance to earn your YMCA Wreck certification with your instructor Walter
Opportunity to dive with the one and only "Pete" AKA NetDoc
Dates:
May 31st 2003 to June 4th 2003
Price:
Alumni Wreckmaniacs
524.00 per person based on double
Wreckmania II divers (earning certification)
649.00 per person based on double
Deposit of 200.00 per person due now.
Final payments due March 1, 2003
I can pair divers up for shares. Divers wanting their own room, add 200.00

PS Photomania will be given by Cathy Church in Grand Cayman.
Dates: April 5th to April 12th 2003

Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Jeff and I are both planning to get Nitrox certified prior to Wreckmania II. It was the one regret that Jeff had last year that he wasn't Nitrox certified. No one around here does it or has the capability to fill tanks so we had never really considered it. After talking to Herman and others, it seems like the next logical step for us.

I second Scuba-Sass' recommendation of using Priceline.com to book your rental car. I used them for Wreckmania I and got a very good deal. We actually got a car for the whole trip for less than cab rides back and forth to the airport would have cost us. We will probably get a minivan or SUV type vehicle this year since we will have dive and baby gear to haul. If anyone is flying in around the same time as us, you are welcome to a ride if you aren't planning on renting a car.

I have been checking out airfare prices to both Miami and Ft Lauderdale and have found from here the price is almost the same. About $250 round trip per person in case anyone is interested. I figure we will fly into Miami to cut the drive time.

197 more days!

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Heather,

Sandy, Lydia and Susan combined a Nitrox class with Wreckmania I. If you are interested, we can work out a similar deal this year.

Walter

I would highly recommend Walter as a Nitrox instructor - he was able to make math understandable for Lydia!

(And I'm not saying anything she hasn't said about herself already!)

Scuba-sass :)

Walter once bubbled...
Heather,
Sandy, Lydia and Susan combined a Nitrox class with Wreckmania I. If you are interested, we can work out a similar deal this year.
Walter

Walter,

I actually talked with Natasha about this when we first spoke about the trip. I was kind of hoping to do it before so I wasn't on task overload during that week but that may still be the best option. I will let you know. I am the kind of person who will need extra time on the math portion. Jeff is a chemist so he will probably be the honor student of Nitrox math. His DM class were all jealous of how easy the physics was for him. In fact, maybe I will get him to take Nitrox before we go to Wreckmania and I can take the class from you while I am down there so I don't have the added pressure of trying to do math with my husband.

I will let you know when it gets closer.

:bunny: Heather :bunny:

Dave:
Yes, you're right. Don't send the deposit until you are sure you have the time off.

I know I said I couldn't come to Wreckmania II. However, Donna has been telling me that I should pull some money out of savings and go anyway. She knows I love diving as much as she loves flying. So, with the combination of Donna, Walter, and Natasha twisting my arm really hard. I relinquished and said yes.

Donna is a keeper. I can't figure out why she keeps me, though.

:)

See you all in Key Largo. I still need a ride from FLL. I'll schedule a flight and then let you all know when it arrives in FLL. Probably Saturday the 31st, hopefully in the morning sometime.

I have been reading all the posts and also have followed closely, Walter's pedigree. I may be easy, but nevertheless, I am impressed.

For that reason, Cindy and I are going to meet all you fine divers for Wreckmania II. We are regular Florida Keys divers which includes all the wrecks (except for the "Grove"). We are both looking forward to a different approach to wreck diving than what we have experienced with Jersey diving.

It is my desire to use this course to inflate my ego enough to apply for my NAUI wreck diving instructor card. Natasha, the check's in the mail.

We can swap tips on how to do it!!! MB is a NAUI instructor too... not that NAUI advertises that, but he's a good one.

Back
Top Bottom