Wrestled my first shark today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Picking my lobster net today a a little 4 foot white tip had been caught. Other than being POed, was she was fine. Had to make several cuts while holding her to get the net free. Little brat kept trying to bite me. Turned her loose and she swam 20 feet away and into the net again! Now I have two big pukas in my net and the damn shark didn't even thank me!
PS, I don't want to hear any crap about the use of nets. I have near zero bycatch that isn't consumed by me.

Same net I had a 14 foot tiger chasing me in Maui last year, does that count?...I see sharks all the time, just the first one I had to get ahold of.

Wildcard:
Same net I had a 14 foot tiger chasing me in Maui last year, does that count.

That would work, but you didn't wrestle it???? he he he :wink:

No but I did have a strugle with my dive buddy. I was just trying to get a knife in his leg so I could get away! LOL

That 14-foot tiger was playing with you - when they chase you, the Scubaboard posts-per-week drop to zero.

He made just one direct charge and turned of at five to ten feet. I think it was becouse my buddy turned that way just in time to see him. Sharks don't like to be seen when they hit, too much risk to them....The rest were him just swiming by at 10-20 feet. What a beautiful beast!

I can't find a shark. I have been on a number of dives when everyone else has seen a shark, but not me. I even went on a recent dive were we went looking for lemon sharks and again almost everyone else saw sharks, but not me. My wife came within 15 feet of a 10 foot bullshark. I'm being to think I have a natural smell that scares sharks away.......

ps, i don't count nurse sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom