Wrinkles January '06 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've arrived in La Jolla and went to the shores just after the sun was setting.

1-foot waves with the occasional 2-foot wave. I didn't see any divers coming out of the water, so I couldn't get a report on the vis, but it looked nice and I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning!

Tonight I'm going to check out a place called The Spot, which is supposed to be a nice place where some of the locals hang out.

I'll see you all when you get here.

Christian

Well, it goes like this. Son-in-law called just 30 minutes before I was going to head for San Diego and wanted me to come get him. He has to write a letter to the USMC real quick and then be back in his big rig by 0500 a.m. (guess who gets to drive the 70 miles back to Fontana at 4:00 a.m?). Then add to that the forcast for big surf in LaJolal and rain and well, I don't think I will be comming. But we will see in the a.m.

Add me to the list of bailers.. I don't think tomorrow's conditions will be good, between the weather & the diving. I'll try to stop by to say hello though :)
Safe & happy diving to everyone!
Missy

Sorry to see so many folks bail - but I do understand! I'm going to get there about 6:30 and try to be wet by 7:00. I'm not familiar with the canyon, so if somebody who knows their way around the canyon could try to meet me early, I'll share my ketchup and mustard with you!

BTW - in an anticlimactic episode, my DM knighted me with my advanced open water and nitrox certs tonight. Took the classes ages ago, and she kept cancelling the dives. Then when she looked through my logbook and saw I'd done several deep, wreck and night dives, and had found my way back to shore with a compass a few times, she just handed me the card and said, "You're now an advanced diver, but I still want you to dive with me," lol.

and I'm not sure it matters much to post it here at this point, but I'll be there. The calendar won't let me add my name (probably to due the hour/day), but anyone counting can count me in. I don't know how much water is enough, but I bought a couple cases of half litre bottles to pass around, I figure it can only help...
Sorry to see so many bail, but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who is there, and can understand all too well about all those who can't be.
Alright, I'm going to get to sleep now so I can start driving all too soon.
Adam

wetrat:
Sorry to see so many folks bail - but I do understand! I'm going to get there about 6:30 and try to be wet by 7:00. I'm not familiar with the canyon, so if somebody who knows their way around the canyon could try to meet me early, I'll share my ketchup and mustard with you!

BTW - in an anticlimactic episode, my DM knighted me with my advanced open water and nitrox certs tonight. Took the classes ages ago, and she kept cancelling the dives. Then when she looked through my logbook and saw I'd done several deep, wreck and night dives, and had found my way back to shore with a compass a few times, she just handed me the card and said, "You're now an advanced diver, but I still want you to dive with me," lol.
I'll be there at about 6am and will be claiming some tables for the crowd as well as putting up the ScubaBoard banner, so that we are easy to find.

I've printed out the lineups for the different spots at the shores and have my depth finder with me. So, we should have no problem finding anything.

We'll get started early with our dives, since the early dives will probably be the best tomorrow.

I would have loved to do a night dive tonight. I took a walk along from The Cove to the breakwater at Casa Cove (aka Childrens Pool) and it is an absolutely beautiful night. I was going to drive back over to The Shores, but figured I'd be out too late enjoying the moonlight night. So, I came back to my room and decided to log in one last time before hitting the sack.

See you tomorrow.

Christian

neophyte:
and I'm not sure it matters much to post it here at this point, but I'll be there. The calendar won't let me add my name (probably to due the hour/day), but anyone counting can count me in. I don't know how much water is enough, but I bought a couple cases of half litre bottles to pass around, I figure it can only help...
Sorry to see so many bail, but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who is there, and can understand all too well about all those who can't be.
Alright, I'm going to get to sleep now so I can start driving all too soon.
Adam
Hey Adam,

Thanks for bringing water! We'll see you tomorrow morning.

Christian

wetrat:

Congrats wetrat :monkeydan :fruit: :yleyes: :chicken: :jump: :wave-smil :sprite10: :bounce: :yelclap: :balloon

riguerin:
Congrats wetrat :monkeydan :fruit: :yleyes: :chicken: :jump: :wave-smil :sprite10: :bounce: :yelclap: :balloon

Yeah John, congrats!!!

Now you can teach ME how to dive!:wink:

Hope you guys don't get too much rain today.
At least you don't have to WORK in it!

Robb

Hey thanks Rick and Robb! It's kind of like my first diving milestone. Robb - I could teach you by maybe reminding you of goofy stuff you used to do during your first year of diving, lol!!!

Just got back from Wrinkles, no time for a formal report now. I had to leave early, but conditions were actually really good! Vis was probably 20 feet, surf was only about 1 foot with an occasional 2. When I left, the sun was shining and everybody was barbecueing dogs! :sunny.

Back
Top Bottom