Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles

Contributor
Reaction score
So far away from the water that it is SAD!!!
Ok...I figure we pretty much have all agreed that this date, location and activity are best so I figure we would start a new thread to help coordinate the activities so here it is.

We need to coordinate who will hold the spots, items needed for the BBQ, and some approximate dive times.

And maybe even a head count if we opt to have people do a Costco run. I think also another option to consider is a pot luck type thing. This kind of alleviates the need to coordinate collecting money and running to Costco. Either way it should be a blast and I am willing to do whichever you guys decide. Perhaps it wouldn’t be bad if we had a mixture of the two concepts and all pitch in money for the staples like meat and bread and water and then we potluck the other items off for the side dishes and desserts.

Just a few ideas toy with

Ana

You do mean October 30th, right? In any case I am up for anything. I would hold the spot but the "dynamic" nature of my job makes my early morning hours unpredictable. How ever it shakes out, I will be there.

Terry

Roy, Sam and I are usually at sites pretty early - so maybe we could save the spots? I live closest...so I suppose I should be the one. If someone has a big shade I could set up to designate the spot that would be helpful. I will ask around at OE this week to see if I can find out where they will be so we can set up somewhere else - unless we want to see their pumpkin carvings :)

Mods, please change the thread title, September should be October. Wrinkless, get off the crack, it's not good for you.........

I think that since the date and location have been decided, the 2 polls should now be replaced with this thread as the new sticky thread for the October 30th Wrinkles dive in La Jolla.

And maybe the date in the title can be changed to "October" instead of "September", since we all know that the September Wrinkles dive has already happened (albeit without Wrinkles actually being there).

I'm sure that one of our mods will probably notice this sometime today.

Christian

headhunter:
I think that since the date and location have been decided, the 2 polls should now be replaced with this thread as the new sticky thread for the October 30th Wrinkles dive in La Jolla.

And maybe the date in the title can be changed to "October" instead of "September", since we all know that the September Wrinkles dive has already happened (albeit without Wrinkles actually being there).

I'm sure that one of our mods will probably notice this sometime today.

Christian

I try to keep an eye on our SoCal forum, so don't be shy about PMing with specific requests on our threads here.

Originally posted by Ann Marie

I'll volunteer to coordinate the who brings what, unless someone else wants to.

I will donate money for this event and can be there early to reserve the spot. Sean, maybe we should get some scooters for the first dive???

Ann Marie, let's get a roll call for this dive, so that you can decide on what everyone should do/bring.

Could all the scuba dewds/gals attending this dive, please PM Ann Marie.

I haven't been to this dive site yet. How easy is the parking and how easy is it to drop off bulky items like coolers, fire wood, e-z ups and chairs (oh and dive gear of course)? Are there tables nearby that we can take over or should we plan to bring some too?

Ana made the suggestion to chip in a couple of bucks for the meat, bread, and water and then have everyone bring a dish. I think that sounds good.

Shall we do burgers and dogs?

Is there someone amongst us that loves to BBQ and is willing to grill somethings up? I will volunteer my husband to take his turn at the grill (that is what happens when he doesn't take my call while he is at work. :wink: I tried to ask if he wanted to come and was willing to cook, but he didn't answer, so I guess he is coming and cooking!).

Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking $3/person should cover meat, buns, and water????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom