Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the north

From the South

Ignore the starting points, i just needed a starting address and I work for the port authority so these are in my Database.

See ya all tomorrow.

Terry

It looks like David and I will be able to make it. We will probably leave OC about 7 and be down in time for the second dive.
What can we bring, what do you need?

I think the last rain was Thursday morning. I think the warning will be in effect until the 72 hour period ends. You can call up the lifeguard at 619-221-8899. It's a sunny day down here but a little chilly. Bring some warm SI clothes!

I got a person when I called that number. The recorded surf report is 619-221-8824.

Diving conditions:

Visibility 6 MILES !!! WOW !!! :fruit:

Oh, wait, that's on the surface. Surf is 2-3ft., viz is 10 ft. at La Jolla.

No, the girl who answered told me to call the recording for info. All the recording said was the 72 hour thing.

The :doctor: said I need to stay home and rest. So I'll have to meet you all at the next "wrinkles" dive. :17:

Laurel

Hello everyone! Just off the phone with san diego surf report 1-619-221-8824. Anywhoo at this time la jolla shores vis 15ft with fair diving conditions by tommorrow should be better.. The sewage spill occurred from Point Loma to dog beach... So as we know sewage moves with the current.. Moral is as Sean mentioned plan to dive tommorrow.

What doesn't kill you will make you stronger....

Plan on arriving early with Ann Marie. I am going to skip out on the first dive and will help set up and if anyone needs help is lost etc or just needs a hug call me as a point of contact 1-858-775-9702 cell. Today is a beautiful cool day in san diego. Looking foreward to seeing everyone tommorrow.... Jessica PS San Diego diving is all about the stingray shuffle, please do it with every dive cause I don't want to show anyone my expert nursing skills.. lol

Otter:
That the rain cleans things up. While I wish it were true, the reality is all of the urban polution that sits on the streets (like motor oil, bacteria from animal waste, insecticides) are repopulated daily and that aren't even visible. So after every rain, all that stuff flows downstream. I have seen too many people go into the water too soon only to come home with ear infections and sometimes respiratory infections. Its an individual's call on this, I'd like to know when the last rain hit SD.

I notice the beach advisory is still up for La Jolla Shores, but maybe it will be removed later today.

Data, we need data :wink:

I respectfully beg to differ. :wink: With the occasional light rain, you are correct, but with the torrential downpour we've had nonstop for two weeks (the wettest October in San Diego's recorded history) it'll take some time to redeposit. The next rain will bring it back out to the ocean, but right now, the whistles been blown and everyone needs to get back in the water. Having been in San Diego's water a couple of times a week for the last three years or so, I have in fact seen water quality improve immediately following a prolonged onslaught of rain such as we've just had. The sewage spill is not a consideration, because it occured in the very southern part of San Diego, with the only beach closures due to the spill being Ocean Beach and points south. La Jolla Shores is waaaaaaaaaay north of that point and with the current running south, it is not going to be a problem. Feel free to come and meet everyone at the BBQ (as I am :eyebrow: ) or come to dive (which I'll be doing also). The locals are diving, and we don't dive when it's nasty or harmful.

John-Boy

Back
Top Bottom