wrist computer in console adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiny Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought my wife an oceanic veo 200 wrist computer for Christmas last year, but she doesn't want to wear it on her wrist. She wanted it in her sherwood 3-gauge console. The veo200 is smaller than a regular depth gauge, so it won't stay in the console without an adaptor. I'm sure oceanic probably sells something for that, but I saw it as an opportunity to make something myself.

The old depth gauge is 2.38" in diameter. This is very fortunate because that's about the same diameter as 2" PVC pipe, which makes this a very quick and easy mini-lathe project.

1. Trim the pipe to length (1.2")

2. Bore out the pipe to fit the computer (2.2") - but not all the way through. Leave a small step at the end to hold the computer in.

3. Shim the back of the computer with something to keep it tight against the top of the adaptor. I used rubber discs cut from bicycle innertube.

-Tiny-B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom