Wrist Computers for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemaster86

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am seeking advice on which new wrist mount dive computer I should buy. 2/3 of my previous computers have been wrist mounts, but have had the same problem: they are designed for men and are WAY too big and bulky for my small wrists.

Currently I have been looking at the Suunto D4 and D6. Any thoughts on these two computers? Any comparable computers I should consider that may be lower cost-wise?

I am undecided if I want the air integration-- my last UWATEC computer transmitter stopped working on a dive trip, and it was a BIG hassle to track down a gauge. I am not quite sure that I trust them... any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Why not just have her wear it (any of the "big & bulky" ones) further up on her forearm? It is what my wife (and daughter once she is certified) does. I also wear it there to keep away from the latex seals on my DS, and to avoid the cuffs on my gloves.

My wife is using two Deep Sea Supply bungee mounts for her oceanic and compass. Works great and fits very well.

I agree with the above, the DSS bungee works well. I have also known a few divers who mounted the computer on a retractor attached the left shoulder d-ring.

a XP10 might be the ticket for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the idea to use bungee mount and wear the thing higher on the forearm. Getting a smaller unit will compromise the info or readability.

About the air integration. Lots of divers solve this problem by attaching a small SPG on a hose to the second HP port of the regulator. That way if the transmitter conks out you're still in business.

Last edited:
yep - bungee mount. or try & find a nitek plus - that was a great computer & i wore it as a watch for years.

Thanks for the recommendations! I am avoiding the bungee mount because it either cuts off circulation to my arm or slips off. So far the best solution I have achieved is clipping it to my shoulder BCD D-rings.

Since I am planning to get a new computer anyway, I am kind of looking for something that meets my needs exactly. The Suunto looks ideal, but it a little pricey.

@gesta1t : I am selling my old UWATEC on ebay here: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I am avoiding the bungee mount because it either cuts off circulation to my arm or slips off

Interesting. I have very small wrists and arms, and I use bungie mounts, and I haven't had this issue at all.

With a wrist circumference of not quite 4", here's what I have used: Suunto Vytec -- readable, but quite large. Aladin Tec2g -- very nice size, not quite as readable, user interface not intuitive at all. Suunto Mosquito -- not very readable, but a reasonable size; still too big to wear comfortably as a wristwatch. Liquivision X1 -- by far the best choice for size and readability, very flexible, out of your price range. Liquivision Xen/Xeo -- very nice size, very readable. I don't know what the Xeo is running, or what the asking price for the new, recreational Lynx will be, but probably comparable to the D9. I have seen the D9, and it is comparable in size to the Mosquito (a bit bigger) but not very readable.

Back
Top Bottom