Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few years ago, my wife purchased a Cobalt computer. After 300 or so dives, she had two+ warranty replacements. Ron and Atomic were proactive and really helpful for warranty issues. After the second or was it the third replacement computer, she decided that it was time to purchase a more reliable computer. Rather than wait for a new Atomic wrist computer, she purchased a Shearwater Petrel AI. Shearwater hit a home run here and I doubt that she will ever go back to an Atomic Aquatics computer. The rec. interface is simple and clean, with user replaceable batteries. At least from her point of view, additional features is not always better.

A few years ago, my wife purchased a Cobalt computer. After 300 or so dives, she had two+ warranty replacements. Ron and Atomic were proactive and really helpful for warranty issues. After the second or was it the third replacement computer, she decided that it was time to purchase a more reliable computer. Rather than wait for a new Atomic wrist computer, she purchased a Shearwater Petrel AI. Shearwater hit a home run here and I doubt that she will ever go back to an Atomic Aquatics computer. The rec. interface is simple and clean, with user replaceable batteries. At least from her point of view, additional features is not always better.

Actually existing and being available to purchase are two important features. Without those...other features are somewhat less useful.

Um... Shearwater does not make a Pertel AI. The Perdix AI, is barley a year old. Confused I am on your story.

I have been following this thread, as many others have, for a long time. And I will also be buying a Shearwater... If the Atomic Cobalt wrist mount was available today, I would not buy it. If a company is not nimble enough to get a product it's customers are asking for to market in a period of five years, I have no faith that they are going to be able to support that product.

And, to be clear, I think Atomic is a great company. They are the gold standard with a lot of equipment. Some I own and some I love from afar. But maybe not with computers. And I've heard a lot of good things about the Cobalt. But I've heard a lot of good things about a lot of computers. And I'm going to buy one...a Shearwater.

Back
Top Bottom