Wrist Tether...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlarbale

Contributor
Reaction score
All,

Just a quick question. A friend of mine has just finished cavern/sinkhole (CDAA) and mentioned that they use a wrist tether to clip the reel to when it's not in use so that they can do tie-offs.

Does anyone else use this? If not what do you do with your reel whilst doing tie-offs, following a pre-laid line etc.

Thanks - Dave.

No lanyards or wrist bracelets of any kind (we've got a reputation to protect)- That is what your buddy is for. The lead guy doesn't do all the work with the buddy coasting on his laurels ......You pull your weight or get kicked off the team. Second man sets the wraps/tieoffs.

Originally posted by dlarbale
All,

Just a quick question. A friend of mine has just finished cavern/sinkhole (CDAA) and mentioned that they use a wrist tether to clip the reel to when it's not in use so that they can do tie-offs.

Does anyone else use this? If not what do you do with your reel whilst doing tie-offs, following a pre-laid line etc.

Thanks - Dave.

:doctor: :confused: Let me see if I understand your question regarding a wrist tether?

NOPE! Work as a team. You secure your reel to prevent entanglement until needed. Keep things simple, when you are doing the tie off, wraps, jumps whatever, work your reel in the easiest way you can and within the team plan..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom