Wrist watch computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dman

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for an inexpensive wrist watch computer to use as a watch on dive trips. Does anyone have any experience with the [h=1]Cressi Leonardo Scuba Dive Computer Wrist Watch[/h]by Cressi
or the Oceanic GEO wrist computer "old Style"?

No experience with these specific computers, but the Suunto Zoop (or Gekko) is a very good computer for recreational diving. You could probably get it for around $300 new and half that used. It's nitrox-compatible, it allows you to plan dives, it calculates your NDLs, it's simple to use, and most things you'd expect from a computer.

It's not air integrated and it doesn't have a backlight, in case you wanted those (but that might make it pricier).

Sorry do you mean wrist watch or wrist top? you have listed both types. Wrist top computers are too large to be worn as watches unless you are the size of King Kong. The Cressi would make a very big "watch".I owned the Cressi Edy, wrist watch, and liked it. For wrist top the Zoop is nice, (I owned Gekko, older Zoop) simple and relatively cheap but too large for a wrist watch. For wrist watch the D4 is nice but possibly not cheap. The Geo, wrist watch, has been around for a while. Good luck.

I would consider the Oceanic OCS (in Titanium color). I haven't seen one in person yet and cannot judge from the pictures if this is wristwatch size for everyday wear.

I have the Geo 2.0, which I really like. I seem to recall the differences between it and the "old style" are cosmetic only. I personally think it's too big to use as a standard watch - but I don't like big watches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom