Wt. Difference between Signature and Scribble first stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What does “can’t” mean? Does that mean Chris won’t sell service kits for the scribble or DGX, even if you own a Sig and took the training?

I'm referring to the regulators that Chris and Company make for Dive Gear Express DGX Custom - Deep Six DGX Regulator

You can buy the service kits for these, but there is no available training (that I'm aware of) for the DGX regulators - hence the "can't" in quotes. Personally, I wanted regulators that I can get training for so I can confidently work on them myself.

Also, I misspoke - the DGX regulators have a two year service schedule - not one year.

Having said all that, I ABSOLUTELY love Dive Gear Express! I order from them all the time. They are some of the best people around and I highly recommend them as well.

But, if you can get a great regulator set from the manufacturer instead of the retail store, for less and includes more items (service kits), why wouldn't you?

(please keep in mind, we are talking about two regulator sets that have different features - the DGX 1st stage has a rotating turret with a 5th LP port and the Scribble does not have these features. But, the original topic is about a travel set, and in my opinion, a great recreational and/or starter set)

Just my thoughts.

I'm referring to the regulators that Chris and Company make for Dive Gear Express DGX Custom - Deep Six DGX Regulator

You can buy the service kits for these, but there is no available training (that I'm aware of) for the DGX regulators - hence the "can't" in quotes. Personally, I wanted regulators that I can get training for so I can confidently work on them myself.

Also, I misspoke - the DGX regulators have a two year service schedule - not one year.

Having said all that, I ABSOLUTELY love Dive Gear Express! I order from them all the time. They are some of the best people around and I highly recommend them as well.

But, if you can get a great regulator set from the manufacturer instead of the retail store, for less and includes more items (service kits), why wouldn't you?

(please keep in mind, we are talking about two regulator sets that have different features - the DGX 1st stage has a rotating turret with a 5th LP port and the Scribble does not have these features. But, the original topic is about a travel set, and in my opinion, a great recreational and/or starter set)

Just my thoughts.
The DGX regs are for ...DGX and their exclusive. They have parts/kits and will sell them. The service class is currently around the Signature, but the scribble and the DGX any of our instructors would be happy to cover as well.

EB3AF414-8E97-4B5F-8C68-B25BAA4310B7.jpeg
I love my scribble set and couldn’t be happier. This is my first set so the price was extremely attractive. Visually the scribble and the DGX 1st stage seem like identical systems besides the rotating turrets. Deep 6 could give a better idea if that’s the case or not.

@cerich, could you give some input on the weight difference between the Signature and Scribble 1st stages?

Thank you,

View attachment 496708Visually the scribble and the DGX 1st stage seem like identical systems besides the rotating turrets. Deep 6 could give a better idea if that’s the case or not.

They are both balanced diaphragm regulators, but entirely different designs.

Back
Top Bottom