WTB - CHEAP first stage - CLOSED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For safety, be sure you have an OPV or a garbage 2nd stage installed in case the IP gets out of hand.

Yes, you don't want to be pumping 300 pounds into your tire, that may only hold 32 pounds of pressure unless you are in the market for a new one.

I don't think the guy is just going to put the inflator on the tire and hold it there until it explodes.

Yes, you don't want to be pumping 300 pounds into your tire, that may only hold 32 pounds of pressure unless you are in the market for a new one.
If the 1st stage pressure unexpectedly rises out of control without any escape mechanism, the LP inflator hose will fail in a rather dramatic and unpredictable manner.

I don't think the guy is just going to put the inflator on the tire and hold it there until it explodes.

It would only take a few seconds.

It would only take a few seconds.

Normal shop compressors put out 100-150 PSI as a rule. IP is normally 140-150 PSI. It takes about the same time to fill a tire either way.

Last week I had a situation where I used my regs/ tanks to fill a car tire. It was a PITA (an maybe not the smartest thing) to use a full regulator setup... so I figured I'll assemble a dedicated 'tire setup' for future use...

Anyways, I'm looking to get a first stage to make this happen... the main factor in what I buy is price... Brand/ age/ condition don't matter...

You're not too far from me, depending on where in or around Albany you live. I probably have a yoke first stage I haven't thrown out that you can have for free. I can look later. PM me if interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom