WTB HP100 doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simon tappin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. I'm moving from the uk to Vancouver island/ Squamish in a few months. I can't bring any of my cylinders with me as they are not CT certified. I'm looking for a set of HP100 doubles. The only option I've found at the moment is to buy new from the states at over $1000us.

Any help really appreciated.

several shops sell them here........often you can find them used for less money.

Ideally I'm looking for a used set that are in test and o2 clean if possible, any recommendations as to where id find a used set?

OP, do you really mean HP100 or do you mean 3442 psi tanks? The latter are much easier to find.

I thought a HP100 was a 100cf cylinder with 3442psi service pressure?
A lot of people think that. Properly, the HP100 is 3500 psi, often has a different neck thread (hence valve), and is not made anymore. The 3442 tanks are modern, properly called E7 (because of their DOT exemption), easily available new and used, but (IMHO) have buoyancy characteristics less desirable than HP100s. In truth, the distinction has gotten blurred because of sloppy usage of the "HP" term.

Ok so not sure if you're familiar with euro sizes and pressures but I currently dive double faber 12litre working pressure of 232 bar.

So what's the equivalent? LP85 with an overfill to 3000psi?

LP85 at 3000 and 100 (HP or not) and your 12l at 232 are all very similar, of course. But you can't always get an overfill, depends on where you are. The biggest differences will be in buoyancy characteristics.

Out here, HP are considered the 3442 tanks, try usedvictoria.com. Kijiji and craigslist. A better option is BC Divers buy sell and trade on Facebook. They are very popular here, most steels actually. My wife is thinking of selling her HP80's if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom