WTB moisture munchers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a couple sitting around, but they're not for sale:D Seriously, if no one is selling, you might wanna check with Scubatoys or LP and look for Sealife moisture munchers. Hope this helps.

PM me. I got a bunch if you need them but see below first :D

If you already have the capsules - go to Home Depot, Lowes etc and get a small tub of DAMP RID & put the spent (Pink) capsules in with it. They will change from pink to a bright blue in about a day :D

Does anyone have the moisture munchers, capsul form, sitting around?

Just Google Silica Gel Packets and you will see a lot of web sites selling the Silica Gel Packets. I have used a site called: SilicaGelPackets.com as they offer smaller quantities and free shipping.

I'm interested in your HOME REMEDY for the moisture munchers. When you say they turn from pink to blue what does that mean. I understand that they must dry out the moisture, but when I buy the SeaLife Moisture Munchers they start out pink so why would I want them to turn blue?

I hope this makes sense...sorry if it doesn't...

A simple and free alternative is to simply hold your camera and housing in frount of a AC vent while it is running (and cooling) for a couple of minutes then close the housing with it still in the air stream. The air coming out of the vent is very dry and if there is no moisture in the air, it can't condence so there is no need for a moisture muncher. I have had no problems with my housing since starting to do this before heading out to a dive.

I'm stumped b/c I buy them in packages of 5 and I'm pretty sure they are the sealife brand- my camera is a SeaLife DC 600 and my dive shop always has full stock o the munchers and they are all pink! I would certainly question if some packages were pink and some were blue...Always come in a sealed pack... Anyone else ever buy pink ones?

Hummmm....

I'm stumped b/c I buy them in packages of 5 and I'm pretty sure they are the sealife brand- my camera is a SeaLife DC 600 and my dive shop always has full stock o the munchers and they are all pink! I would certainly question if some packages were pink and some were blue...Always come in a sealed pack... Anyone else ever buy pink ones?

Hummmm....

They must be blue , if they are pink then they are not going to do you any good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom