Closed WTB: Sidemount regulator set

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barmaglot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got tech certified last week, building my gear set. I'm currently in New York, but living in Israel, I'm looking for regulators that I can get serviced in my country - Scubapro, Dive Rite, Hollis, Mares, Poseidon, Apeks. Need two DIN first stages, two second stages with elbow fittings, long and short hoses, LPI hose. Don't need gauges (going to use two transmitters), don't really care about left/right oriented second stages - I used two right-hand stages in my course (long hose coming in directly, short hose routing behind the neck) and it felt fine. Aiming to spend about $500 - I see Dive Rite XT sidemount packages going for ~$600-700 with gauges, so it should be somewhat less without them.

you are not going to get a decent set of sidemount regs for $500. If you go Hog or Deep 6 you will not be able to get serviced. I would suggest Apeks XTX50's in which you can get service kids worldwide- but they are triple your price point..

you are not going to get a decent set of sidemount regs for $500. If you go Hog or Deep 6 you will not be able to get serviced. I would suggest Apeks XTX50's in which you can get service kids worldwide- but they are triple your price point..

I see a brand new Apeks XTX50 set up on eBay for $1000 right now, so that's closer to double my price point rather than triple. Used Dive Rite sets seem to be going for ~$600-700 with gauges, and I figure a pair of gauges with 6" hoses, which I don't need, is worth at least a hundred.

I believe Apeks is cheaper on the other side of the pond (europe)

I see a brand new Apeks XTX50 set up on eBay for $1000 right now, so that's closer to double my price point rather than triple. Used Dive Rite sets seem to be going for ~$600-700 with gauges, and I figure a pair of gauges with 6" hoses, which I don't need, is worth at least a hundred.
I do not trust buying off Ebay anymore- plus you get with with almost $90 sales tax on $1,000 plus shipping cost ,check sites in Poland-plus free shipping and no import tax to US.

Back
Top Bottom