WTB - Tube Weights for JJ CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! Would rather it be one piece so that I don't have to worry about leakage/corrosion at the joints. I did see this, what do you think?

We posted right at the same time, that looks like it would work fine and it is PRIME!!!!

Hah! just ordered the one from Del City. Would the one from Amazon be better?

Nah, should be no difference at all other than DelCity offers you "colors" :wink:

Got the shrink wrap, and I bought some epoxy for the ends. Now I just have to borrow a blowtorch from the super in my building to put it together - last time I did it on the stove and that was suboptimal. :)

Will post pix.

OK, I finished the project, and they work just fine! I used 12" x 1" lead rods (3.8 lbs each) from this supplier.

Then I used this heat shrink tubing to coat the rods, leaving a small sleeve at either end.

Then I filled both ends with epoxy, embedding a small zip-tie loop in one of the ends on each rod. Finally, I just put a loop of cave line around the plastic loop from the zip tie. Works fine, easy to place and remove.

Thanks for everyone's help!
tube_weights.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom