Closed WTB: VDH Argonaut 23# or its alternatives

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was an OxyCheq fan until VDH came out with their wings.... The VDH 18# is my warm water travel wing, and is like not wearing one at all. The shape of the VDH/Oxy/DGX (even the 30#) just tucks nicely....

I use 23/30 lift wings for my home cold water diving, and again, they are Oxy/VDH. Daughter has the two Deep6 wings.

Nice, both of the most recent posts are great. I would be totally fine with 18# (remember, I'm tropical)... My reasoning behind the 23# is that our dive group is a bit mixed on skill/experience... so I feel that the extra lift could be useful in an emergency situation. Which, with the VDH wings, the size and "dive-ability" (if we want to call it that?) are nearly the same... and differences are negligible (IMO)...

I'm going to try really hard to hold out for Bryan to get stocks in, or for somebody to finally surrender their VDH wing.... but at least I know that I have some really really solid leads going so far.... Let's keep em coming!!

3mm full on an average build male, approx 165 lbs, std size SS plate, al80, in warm tropical saltwater, carrying handheld torch, std "medium" (40") hose setup, with gopro on a tray....currently diving an Outlaw with 6lbs lead.... LOL

Are you currently in the Philippines now or the states?

Currently in the Philippines (and will be for all foreseeable future, especially considering the current events), but my new kit (bp+harness+weight pockets, [insert future wing here], and reg-set for my wife) is in Arizona, US, at my brother's house, to be shipped to me soon(ish).

So hereniz the profile of the S1.

IMG_20200701_185858.jpg
IMG_20200701_185904.jpg
IMG_20200701_185917.jpg

As you can see, compared to regualar 30# wings it looks miniscule, but I use it with a 15l steel tank, and went down to 40m with it.

Hope this helps you.

So hereniz the profile of the S1.
As you can see, compared to regualar 30# wings it looks miniscule, but I use it with a 15l steel tank, and went down to 40m with it.
Hope this helps you.

Oooh that's a nice wing! And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the elbow looks to be a standard piece, not some proprietary thread/size, right? You're diving it with a 15L... with an AL80, should likely extend below the cyl by just a couple inches right?

Definitely cannot argue with the price point....

FWIW, a quick side by side photo of DGX S1 and Argonaut 23#.
dgxvsarg.jpg

I’m with @rhwestfall If VDH is not an option Oxycheq would be next in line.

If a 30# was acceptable, and fancy color wasn't important, DGX would be before Oxy due to $$.

Back
Top Bottom