WTF Planet Fitness, no more jump rope?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s like baiting a trap, peanut butter for squirrels, pizza for couch potatoes. I wouldn’t be lured anywhere for Kale Quiche.

I'm glad I'm not fan of pizza though. In some regards pizza can have some food merits but the overall caloric and sodium amount is what deters me from consuming this kind of food. And yeah, the carb amount in it is also a silent weight gainer and I try and avoid heavy processed carbs around dinner time.

PF only offers the free pizza and bagel thing once a month, as an incentive for members to retain their memberships. Pretty brilliant marketing idea actually-at $10/mo members don't even realize they have this membership and this free food is just another way to keep their members from canceling.

Ha! The burn factor could be real but it is entertaining to see a horde of people attacking the pies the first Monday of every month.

No wonder it's called....dumb de dumb dum dum......:wink:

For a gym that's primarily focused on a "no judgement" philosophy the more elite fit members are the ones who get judged the most. If you wear a tank, wear a bandana and carry a gallon water jug, be prepared to be judged and asked to leave. There are signs all over that does not actually allow this attire. But no damn signs about no jump ropes.

For a gym that's primarily focused on a "no judgement" philosophy the more elite fit members are the ones who get judged the most. If you wear a tank, wear a bandana and carry a gallon water jug, be prepared to be judged and asked to leave. There are signs all over that does not actually allow this attire. But no damn signs about no jump ropes.

That is definitely no lie

Planet Fitness disallows any number of activities that are considered to be a reasonable or even necessary part of a workout. Most people who are serious about fitness choose another gym.

This is exactly why I only use my PF membership as a backup to my primary gym. PF doesn't have squat racks-and performing squats on a Smith Machine is just plain awful. Basically any equipment that's forces a full ROM using compound movements is deemed "intimidating" and thus removed from all its gyms. Sorry folks but only isolation-machine based equipment for you here at PF!

I was a member of PF but bought my own stuff earlier this year so I quit there. But I remember then having a "Lunk Alarm Light" or something like that in the free weight section. They were supposed to set it off if someone grunted or whatever. Never saw it go off but they had it.

I was a member of PF but bought my own stuff earlier this year so I quit there. But I remember then having a "Lunk Alarm Light" or something like that in the free weight section. They were supposed to set it off if someone grunted or whatever. Never saw it go off but they had it.
This is very true, these lights are indeed installed at all PF facilities. I've been training there for at least 8 years and I have never seen it go off. But I have seen my fair of meatheads make the rounds there, and promptly left the gym after they took away all the free weight benches and bars.

Maybe your jump rope was too intimidating for the general membership, LOL. I like to train with the jump rope also, mainly doing double-unders with a speed rope. Yes it hurts when you get smacked with it, but I work out in a gym that has everyone using jump ropes at the same time, and no one tends to walk into their rope. PF serves its purpose, and for the price can't be beat, just sucks that they are the most judgmental fitness center around. Its kind of hard to call them a fitness center, sense they don't like fit people working out there. My CrossFit box is welcoming to all ages, sizes, and personalities and your aloud to grunt every so often :)

Back
Top Bottom