[WTS] Complete Underwater camera system, Sea & Sea DX-1G, strobe & WA add on lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a barely used Sea & Sea DX1G (Camera and housing set) with a Sea & Sea aluminum handle, Sea & Sea aluminum base stay, UCLS type arm and joint, Sea & Sea YS-110 strobe, optical cable, Sea & Sea add on Wide angle lens and caddy. New spare O-Ring kit ($24), aftermarket neoprene camera case, O-ring remover and spare silicone grease.

My sole reason for selling is that I moved to DSLR use underwater (spending almost USD$12,000 on a DSLR housing, ports, gears, cables, strobes, etc) only after using this set on 35 dives and never use this camera topside anyway (once again because of exclusive DSLR use).

The DX-1G is in essence a housed 10.5mpix Ricoh GX-100 and has full manual controls (Shutter and Aperture controls) similar to that of a DSLR. It has a thumb rocker for shutter speed and a forefinger wheel for aperture control. (unlike the Canon G series). It also has a very wide angle lens as standard which is essential for UW use. The camera can also focus up to 1cm from the front of the lens allowing 1:1 macro. Aperture and Shutter controls are very similar to that of a Nikon DSLR. This camera will also shoot and record in RAW format. Here is a review of the camera itself;

http://www.popphoto.com/cameras/4342...lio-gx100.html

and

http://www.photoreview.com.au/review...lio-gx100.aspx

The glass and ports have no scratches whatsoever on them as I am very careful. I always transport the housing with bubble wrap over the front port so that it won't get scratched. I have also included photos of the glass WA lens to show glass condition. The WA lens alone will cost USD$295 (without the holder) if you have to buy it seperately!

In essence, it is the same thing as this camera listed on Adorama (which includes a small Pelican case which I do not have)

06582P Sea & Sea DX-1G Camera & UW Housing Pro Package with YS-110 DS-TTL Strobe, Wide Angle Lens, Caddy & Pelican 1500 Case

Mine has an upgraded handle, base and arm which is used in the DSLR range. The one shown here on Adorama is going for US$2500 new. I have spent over US$2700 on mine.

I would be happy to let mine go for US$1400 (almost 50% off what it cost new). The camera has only been on about 35 dives (the strobe has been on more- 65 as I used it when I moved to DSLR use underwater). Please keep in mind that this is a semi pro non DSLR rig. Standard point and shoots will give a lot of backscatter (particles) and green hue if used without a external strobe and arm set. A new strobe alone will cost about US550 without optical cables and an arm set can be easily $150 and more for a decent set.

If there are no takers before the 5th of Dec, I will list on Ebay.

Thanks for looking!

Photos of rig;

3043189441_b3175d97ef.jpg

3043190173_6911f99955.jpg

3043190841_d452d2073c.jpg

3044029130_c02a5f904d.jpg

3043192731_d90c6afb32.jpg

3043193853_996bd999c1.jpg

Couple of photos I took with this camera;

A 4cm long Mandarin Fish at Mabul, Borneo, Malaysia
3046134003_b815fa59e2.jpg

A 1.5cm tall pygmy seahorse in Mabul island, Borneo, Malaysia

3046967810_ce7ae83ddf.jpg

THere is an interested party in the all the gear except for the camera and housing. I am letting go of the Camera and housing alone for $560. New price is $1000 on Adorama or Ebay. Camera is as new and will also come with a spare Oring set ($24 value). Payment should be via palpal please.

If there is interest, please reply soon as this offer is only viable if BOTH parties agree. I will sell as a complete unit still if there are no takers for just the camera and housing.

Regards,
Kay-Burn

Back
Top Bottom