WTS - Two AL80's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
I have two Catalina AL80's (S80's), 200 BAR DIN Convertible Valves (can be used as DIN or Yoke), last Hydro on both tanks 06/07, current VIS. They are a blasted finish (rough finish)

Will ship for actual cost of shipping..or can be picked up in the Naples area. May be able to deliver to Miami area or Cave Country.

With Stage Kit $125 Each
With Out Stage Kit $100 Each

how much to ship both to 54650 zip code

Using UPS looks like approx $34 and some change per tank...I would ship them both to that zip code for $68.

Sorry, I am a bit new, are these tanks similar to the ones Diverightin is selling for $116 without valves and only $15 shipping? I read that luxfer and hymark have similar buoyancy characteristics. I'm guessing for your asking price on used, that luxfer is much better?

What kind of valves are they as well?
Am I correct in saying that if shipped they need to be vipd again by the new owner since being shipped without gas?
Thank you.

Sorry, I am a bit new, are these tanks similar to the ones Diverightin is selling for $116 without valves and only $15 shipping? I read that luxfer and hymark have similar buoyancy characteristics. I'm guessing for your asking price on used, that luxfer is much better?

What kind of valves are they as well?
Am I correct in saying that if shipped they need to be vipd again by the new owner since being shipped without gas?
Thank you.

These are Catalina tanks, the difference between Luxfer and Catalina is personal...some like one better than the other.

The valves are Blue Steel convertible valves (can be used as DIN or Yoke.) Having the tank VIP again is up to whoever purchases it.

Just because it is empty doesn't really mean it has to have another VIP as the valve is not going to be removed. Do I have to VIP my tanks every time I change mixes? I drain the tanks to zero sometimes to change a mix...more easy to start from scratch when mixing Trimix.

These are Catalina tanks, the difference between Luxfer and Catalina is personal...some like one better than the other.

The valves are Blue Steel convertible valves (can be used as DIN or Yoke.) Having the tank VIP again is up to whoever purchases it.

Just because it is empty doesn't really mean it has to have another VIP as the valve is not going to be removed. Do I have to VIP my tanks every time I change mixes? I drain the tanks to zero sometimes to change a mix...more easy to start from scratch when mixing Trimix.

hi there medcop, been awhile, hope you are well. imagine having to get a vip everytime you empty your tank? dang, that would be a pain and expensive for someone who has to pay for them. HOWEVER, if you are shipping empty cylinders through a few states, even on the ground, if the temperature changes during the shipping, condensation can build up therefor yes, a VIP should be done on a shipped tank. there are two more thoughts on this, should the seller decide to leave 50-100psi in the tanks, that will keep the condensation out, however is illegal and possibly unsafe. the other thought is ANYTIME you buy used scuba equipment, you should have it looked at and or serviced by proper "authorities" ...

hope this helps.
stay well and dive safe

Back
Top Bottom